Chapter 20

I got thinking. It was a terrible thing really. My coke addiction came back and bit me in the ass when I was drinking. I've dropped it mind you. But it just pissed me off. Everything pissed me off. So on the streets I am. Kicking and breaking shit. Some poor bastard lost his tail lights. It's stupid really. I can't seem to get past much without falling back to square one. And actually the reason my thinking started was because I'm on my way to fuck Walter Jackson up. It was also planned out. I can just imagine the crowd. All the Socs gone greaser cheering my name. I can hear it already. A mix of Jane and Rosy. I really don't know why they call me Rosy, but it's better than Jane I guess. Well, maybe not. "He's going to pay today! That cocksucker is going to BEG!" I yelled.

Out in the biggest alley in town. That's where it all started, that's where it's ending. There were lights hanging in between the buildings. Oh was there ever a crowd. Shepard gang, Tim, Dallas, Jody. I think I saw Evie and Steve meaning Laura and Soda would be here. Lee, Dan and Wendy even came. Lee and Tim had their arms around each other laughing. Two-Bit came out too. "THERE SHE IS!" Tim yelled and the crowd erupted in more cheers than boos. People I didn't even know where cheering me on. This was a big deal for us "Money Runners" they call us. I was right Steve and Soda were here with Evie and Laura. "Listen Checkers" Soda said over the noise of the crowd. "I ain't supposed to be here so you kick Jacksons ass and make the cunt beg three times" Soda said. Soda was about as pissed as the Money Runners. Everyone was. Danny, was he ever. Wendy told me he got in what he called a "pre-fight" with one of Jackson's goons. The guy was out cold, still is. Rumours are going Danny killed him. They're just pussy's and don't know what a real knockout looks like.

"Jane, I know you don't usually do it, but are you gonna throw the first punch?" Lee asked his arm around Tim. "If I didn't I'd be ashamed" I said and everyone around hollered. I'll show Jackson how greasy I am, how greasy we are. I'll make him beg three times alright.

Walter showed up shortly after I did. He was so god damn greasy. As Two-Bit put it "he's so greasy he slides when he walks" and not greasy in our pride way. The greaseball need a damn shower. I'd be surprise if he knew what a shower was. He made me look like a toothpick the guy was so beefed up. It was like looking at Darry but greasy and redhead. This time there were more boos than cheers and I smiled at that. "What are you Socs losers yelling at me for? I ain't the Socs? And what are you greasers booing for?" He asked. Socs.

"Alright Janette lets get this over with" He said eyeing me with a smirk. "I'm gonna fucking kill him" I said taking my jacket off. "It will be better if you make him beg, three times. Trust me" Steve said taking it and slinging it over his shoulder. I double knotted my shoes, tightened my belt, and pulled my hair up all faster than Jackson. I stood around for a good five minutes before he was ready.

Jody hopped up onto a crate and started to yell. "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, GREASERS AND HOODS TONIGHT JANE 'ROSY' REED GOES AGAINST WALTER 'WALLY' JACKSON" She yelled and the crowd cheered. We were walking in a circle already, casually. "THE FIGHT THAT PROVES THAT MONEY RUNNERS ARE OR AREN'T GREASERS!" Jody yelled. I'm gonna kill him. I'm gonna kill him...

"FIGHT!" Jody yelled and the crowd went wild. I lunged at Jackson and clocked him in the side of the head. Not that it did much. He didn't have a glass jaw. It was going to be a good fight. Everyone knew that. One after another I hammered him in the face. He still wouldn't go down. My ears where ringing and my heart was pounding.

Jackson lunged at me and took a fist full of my shirt collar and pulled me. "You're fucked now" he smiled his teeth bloody from his nose. Walter Jackson was known for finishing fights with what he was about to do. Take a fist full of his opponents shirt and beat the fuck out of them. Only with me he wasn't done after that. My vision was blurred. I was dazed. It was like a dream. He tightened his grip on my collar and pulled me up until I was on my tip toes. "Fucking Socs" he said and threw me to the ground still holding my collar. He dragged me around the circle before putting all his weight on the knee he put on my back and saying nice and loud in my ear. "SOCS AREN'T AND NEVER WILL BE GREASERS!" Then shoved me into the ground and got up. I saw my friends standing together. They were all getting ready to kill Walter.