12. That Dream

Eleanor's POV

I wake up to a bright light flashing in my eyes.

The lorry's getting closer. Closer and Closer. I can't move. I can't move out of the way. I'm frozen.

'DRIVE!' he yells

I slam my foot onto the pedal as he swerves. He swerves it to his side. So he gets hit. Instead of me. He saved my life. And I could have taken his.

I scream an cover my eyes.

'LOUIS!' I scream, sitting up, jolting a pain up my arm.

'LOUIS!' I scream again.

The doctor shakes his head at me, a solemn look on his face.

'LOUIS!' I scream

Everything starts to fade away.

'Eleanor!' Louis yells, running towards me

He's running down a corridor, but the corrirdor just keeps getting longer and longer

'LOUIS!' I scream at him, reaching out, desperatly trying to get him

'ELEANOR!'

'LOUIS! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! LOUIS!'

'Ellie!' Mum says, rubbing circles on my back.

'Ellie! Wake up! Ellie!' 

I jolt up, looking at my surroundings

I'm at home, on my couch.

'Louis!' I yell, my eyes darting around

'He's still in hospital Ellie. Do you remember what happened?' Mum asks

'I-I remember the crash. I remember Louis swerved the car so the lorry would hit him instead of me. And then I blacked out. Thats all I remember.'

'You fractured your wrist but our fine. Louis....Louis worse. He broke his leg and fractured his ankle in six different places, broke his collar bone and broke three ribs. But he's alive, and thats what counts'

'I need to see him' I say determinedly

'I'll get Ciara to drive you' mum says, sighing

I nod.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A few minutes later, I'm running down the hospital corridor to where the nurse said Louis was. I stop in front of his ward and run in, looking for him. I spot him and my heart breaks. My hand flies up to my open ,outh and I choke on some tears. He looks so sick. So dead and sick and pale. His foot is in a cast, and elevated up. His torso up to his neck is all in a cast .His face is pale and his lips have no colour. His hair is lifeless, like his face. He looks defeated.

'Oh My God!' I breath, a tear running down my cheek 

This catches his attenton and his head slowly turns to meet mine.

'I'm so so sorry!' I say, my voice cracking as tears spill down my face.

'It wasn't your fault' he says

I walk over to the side of his bed and sit down

'It was! I should be the one in the casts, not you! I should have driven when I could! But I just sat there. Staring at the truck. Like wanted it to hit me'

'El, this wasn't your fault' he says, his voice filled with kindness

'I'm so sorry!' I mumble, running a hand through my hair