26. That Bracelet

Louis' POV

I groan, running a hand through my hair.

"Did she look at it?" I question Harry.

"No, she grabbed it off me and asked me to leave," Harry explains.

"I've ruined it haven't I? I have made a complete mess."

"No Lou, she'll forgive you."

"No, she won't Harry, and she is completely right! I pretended, I pretended to like her Harry. I'm never gonna get her back am I?"

"I don't know Louis," Harry confesses after a minute, "Unless..." he ponders.

"Unless what?"

"Ed," Harry states.

"Huh?" I question him, confusion washing over my face.

"Ed! Oh my God this is brillant, yes, just get Ed to go over to her, tell her that he blackmailed you into pretending to like her, spew some bullshit, get him to say that he did it because he knew how much you liked her and he knew you wouldn't go after her on your own, oh my God, I am a genius!" Harry screeches down the phone

"Add more lies to the equation, really Harry?" I ask, my eyebrows knitting together. 

"Do you want Eleanor back?" he asks me simply. 

"Yes." 

"Then you know what you need to do," he replies, before the line goes dead. 

***

"Ed, please, please," I beg him. 

"Why would I do that Louis?" he questions me, suspicion clouding his eyes. 

"Because, you ruined my relationship Ed," I grow. 

"No Louis," he corrects me, "You ruined your relationship." 

"Ed, please, please." I begged. 

"Why do you want her back so bad?" he asks me. 

"Ed, she wasn't just a hook up, I didn't just want to get into her pants, I cared about her. I still do."

"I'll think about it."

"Ed, please, I'm begging you, do me this favor, please," my voice breaks at the end, a single tear rolling down my stubbly cheek. 

I have been, so to speak, a mess since Eleanor and I broke up a week ago. I haven't shaved, the only reason I showered was because Harry made me, I've lived in my sweats and all I've eaten is ice cream and tea. I can't stop thinking about her. The way the tears slid down her delicate cheeks, the pain in her eyes, the way her lip quivered, the small whimper that escaped her mouth. I hate myself for making her like that, for causing her that pain.

 I remember the first time we kissed for real, with feeling. The sparks that went off, the shivers she caused me. The way, when we kiss, her fingers trail around my neck, lingering slightly, then stroking softly, barely touching me. The way she looks when she wakes up, her eyes squinting tiredly, her hair messy, her lips pursed, her eyes alert, gorgeous. When she gets all dressed up, even though she could go out in sweats and still look absolutely stunning. When she giggles, the way her eyes crinkles slightly, her lips curl a little, her cheeks get flushed and rosy. The way she looks at me, her eyes soft and gentle, her voice sweet. When she has her episodes and I can calm her down, and after she's had her nap and rested and had her shot, the way she just hugs me and clings onto me, as if afraid I'd leave at any second. 

I meant it when I said I'd always be there for her. I meant it, every single word of it. No matter what, I will be there for her. I love her. I love Eleanor Jane Calder; and without her.... I'm lost, I'm nothing