Chapter 18

A/N: SORRY! I uh, I am literally so sorry. I went to Cali and all that humbo jumbo. I just feel like this story, wasn't good? I don't know. I feel like my writing skills are getting better and I'd rather just, rewrite the story. I don't want to stop the story, I see the potential and I see people enjoying it and that's what I want. Please tell me something. To me, it feels like I didn't try hard enough, I didn't look over it too much, I just, I'm sorry. Please bear with me and enjoy this chapter!

Jess's P.O.V

Running, heavy breathing, for what? I stopped and took a couple of deep breaths. What was the point of running? I looked over and saw a stream of water. It seemed clean, so I drank straight from it. I knew I wasn't that far from Octavia, the commander, and Aden. I should keep running, but something told me to go back. This feeling felt so good, yet bad? A feeling I couldn't describe. It felt like a weakness, but a strength at the same time. I sighed at my thoughts. The sun beamed down on my face and I sat under a tree.

Aden's P.O.V

Where did Jess go? Or better yet, why? We were all looking. Raven radioed Bellamy and told him we found Octavia but we need help finding Jess. Although he obviously wanted to see his sister, he obeyed Raven's command. I walked a little bit away from everybody as I sighed. Thoughts formed in my head as I continued to look, and look. There was no sight of her. I kicked a rock in frustration as I questioned why I wanted to find this girl so badly. I barely knew her, and yet, I felt some connection, something drew me closer to her. I hear footsteps behind me as I turned around and pulled out my blade to see my commander in front of me. But, she didn't look like that stern commander, she looked like, Lexa. The person that I saw when she was sometimes with Costia, or when she told me to vow to protect Skaikru and Clarke. I quickly lowered my blade and put it back into my holster.
"Commander, I'm so sorry, I-"
"It's okay Aden." Lexa cut me off and I nodded. She walked up to me and put one of her arms or my shoulder. I looked up at her confused as she just smiled. "I promise you, we will find this girl, but we must be patience, my young nightblida." The way she said 'nightblida' for some reason made me angry inside. Titus always taught me as a young child to respect and honor the blood. That I was chosen for a reason, but, ever since I met Jess, something told me otherwise. It felt to me, as if it was a burden. We say we are 'chosen' but are we really?
I look up at my commander and shake my head as I shrug off her shoulder and turn around, walking away. Lexa, was not shocked, but neither was I. She stood there. Behind me. I somehow found the courage to speak, although I just disrespected my commander. But now, she wasn't the commander, she was Lexa. I knew that now.
"Lexa." I paused still figuring out what words I should say. "As a child, you always taught me, to be proud of my blood. It 'chose' me." I finally turned around to see her still standing there. "But, I didn't choose the blood. So why, should I, be 'proud?" I ask. It's a question that I've been meaning to ask. All this time, I never questioned this. Why, I was sent away from my family.
I looked up at me commander who gave me a small smile.
"You were always, the smartest, and bravest of the group Aden." Lexa told me. I was shocked by this response but just stood there. "You are not foolish to question the blood. I once did too." I look into the commander's eyes, shocked by the information she's telling me. "But, I found someone who told me otherwise." I knew who that someone was. The commander never really spoke about her past lover. It was a horrible fate.
"Costia?" I stated. Lexa nodded, still having her smile but I could see tears form in her eyes. I start to realize that, just because you have the blood, you're still a normal person.
"She told me, 'The blood doesn't define you, you define the blood.' It took me awhile to understood what she meant Aden, but within time I did. But by the time I did, it was too late. She was taken, and I forgot all that she has said, her voice." Lexa raised her head up to hold back the tears that wanted to fall. I nodded and kept those words in mind. There is a small comfortable silence until Clarke approaches.
"Lexa, Aden, Bellamy said he found a trail, with footprints that look like a young girls." Clarke informs. She stares at me and then back at Lexa, I nod.
"Thank you." I tell the blonde who fell in love with Lexa. I found their love strange. How one girl came down from space and always wanted to be on the ground. While the other loved to look at the stars. It was a beautiful relationship either way.
Clarke walked away as Lexa smiled at me and followed Clarke as I followed my commander.

Jess's P.O.V

I seemed to mange to fall asleep. Thankfully it was still daylight so I knew I didn't sleep for long. When I got up, I started to hear footsteps. I looked around and saw no one. Although I saw no one, I didn't want to risk the chance of  being captured again.
I stood up quickly but quietly. And then I dashed forward. The footsteps grew fainter and fainter until I eventually heard nothing.
I stopped running eventually. My legs felt tired and I was heavy breathing once again. I grabbed some water from the stream again and climbed a tree high up enough on a branch that managed to hold me. I leaned back on the tree and sighed. Soon I started to shut my eyes and let sleep take over me.

A/N: So there's the chapter, I still want to rewrite the story but the storyline isn't going to change. Tell me what you guys think! Vote and comment, you know y'all give me purpose. Again sorry for the VERY late update!

P.S
Low key writing another fan fic that doesn't focus on Clexa really but still sort of does. I'm sort of, I guess you could say, "rewriting" The Loo ¯\_()_/¯
It's not published yet, but if you want to see it, y'all should follow me. (That promo tho.)