Chapter 20

A/N: Trying to update every week!  Question... Anyone want to help write this story? Private message me. I also kind of want to write a Modern AU Clexa fic, thingy 😂. Okay I'm done. Continue.

Aden was quiet. And I couldn't get the night before out of my head. We continued following the footprints until eventually it stopped. It was getting dark again, Aden and I decided to keep watch.

"Lexa?" Aden softly called. I turned over and looked at the boy.
"Yes?" I replied.
"Why Clarke?" He asked. I sighed. It was good question, why Clarke?
"Well Aden, I don't exactly know." I told the boy truthfully. He gave me a confusing look and I continued. "She's a leader, just like me. She's strong, and I like that. Clarke cares too. Don't even get me started on her eyes, it's ju-" I looked over at the boy who smirked. I smirked back and there was another short silence between us two.
"Aden?" I called.
"Yes?" Aden replied.
"Why do you like this girl?" I asked.
"I don't know, I feel like she could teach me, so much. We have a connection. I can not describe it." Aden continues and I smile throughout the whole thing. Aden never displayed feelings to often. I felt like a proud mother of some sort.
"Okay Aden, just make sure she's the right one." I told him.
"Is the commander giving me advice about dating?" Aden stated sarcastically. My mouth dropped open slightly. Aden noticed my expression and attempted to apologize.
"Sorry Heda I thought it would be appropriate to make a jo-"
"It's okay Aden. Although we all know, I get all the woman." I stated back with a grin. And let out a small laughed and I smiled. Aden was taught, the same as me, to always lock away his emotions. But seeing him laugh like a child once again was so, heart warming.

"Go to sleep Lexa." Aden told me. I stared back at him confusingly. I didn't even realize that I almost feel asleep at some point.
"It's okay Aden, I can stay up more than a couple of nights." I reassured him. But he wouldn't quit.
"Please Lexa, you look exhausted, also, you took watch last night." Aden point out. I sighed and nodded.
"Reshop Aden." I lied down next to Clarke and softly put my arm around her. If I were near more people, I wouldn't, but Aden seemed to be completely fine with it.
"Reshop Heda." Aden replied. I closed my eyes and slowly followed Clarke into a deep slumber.

"Lexa wake up!!" I hear Clarke tell. I instantly open my eyes and jump up. I look around and notice almost everything is okay.
"Yes? What is it?" I ask concerned.
"Aden's gone." Octavia finished informed. My eyes widened. I looked around to test if what Octavia just told me was true. And she was right. Aden, was gone.
"Lexa, it's okay, maybe he went to-"
"No Clarke. Aden wouldn't go anywhere without telling me." I cut off Clarke.
"Well he couldn't have just disappeared. I'll contact Bellamy and the others since they're ahead of us." Raven told us. I nodded and stared at the ground. Aden was like a son to me. If he's gone I wouldn't even know what to do. Clarke took note of this and put her hand on my shoulder. I slowly lifted my head backed up to those blue eyes and it almost made me forget what was happening.
"We'll find him. I promise." Clarke stated. I look at the girl and nodded. And then turned around at the others and nodded at them.

A/N: Oooooooooooo. Btw I just updated my other story too if you want to check it out too. Please... I'm desperate 😆. Okay I'm out. Don't forget to vote and all that jazz. Also to message me if you want to help write this story!