What is the Object in the Chamber?

Me and my gang were in my room, doing a history project. We were researching Napoleon Bonapar.

"I've been giving this some thought." Yukimi spoke up.

"About the project?" I asked.

"No. About the visions Blair's had." She stated matter-of-factly. "I think I get it. Blair? Do you remember how Nerida spoke to you through your mind that night? It all makes sense now. All the dreams are really just one single dream. And that single dream is really just a messaged memory."

"You're saying that Blair's aunt is trying to tell her something that points out the true nature of her past." Rosalina pointed out. We all looked at her perplexed. Rosalina was usually the one to make jokes all the time.

"You actually understand what Kimi's talking about?" Helen asked.

"I do understand people. I just don't realize it much." She pointed out. "What about the symbol you took a photo of, Blair?"

"What about it? I just know I've seen that symbol. It's so familiar." Kimi said.

"It's a giant salad tong." Rosalina sayid jokingly.

"No." I deadpanned.

"I got it! It's forks!"

"Stop guessing." I said. "Obviously it's got something to do with aquatic mythology."

"But from which myth?" Helen asked.

"The god of salad tongs!" Rosalina yelled.

"Quit it!" Kimi yelled. "It's on the tip of my tongue and I can figure it out. If you'll all just go away and LET ME THINK!" Yukimi may be a nerd, but when it comes to her temper, that's an anger that just will shiver your timbers.

As I walked outside, I peeped into the door, and saw Kimi trying to think, looking at the photo I took. Teresa came upstairs to see what the commotion is. Suddenly, I turned invisible.

"Oh. Forks?" She asked.

"For the hundredth-oh!" Kimi sighed in exasperation. "It's driving me crazy, Mrs. Blakely! I know I've seen this before but I just can't remember where!"

"Calm down, Yukimi." Teresa said with consideration. "I know your gears are turning. But you must calm down. Deep breaths. Breathe."

"Ok." She took a deep breath. "I'm calm and... GOT IT!" She ran out of the room, carrying her laptop.

She goes downstairs to meet the others. I turn visible and follow her. "Guys! Guys!" She screamed. "Follow me!" We all followed her to my room.

"Kimi! Wait!" Helen cried.

"Just hurry up!"

She opened up her computer and whipped up a page.

"I finally figured out where else I've seen this." She said.

"Where?" I looked on her computer. I soon figure out what it meant.

"A trident? That's what was inside that massive pool?" Helen asked.

"I had heard legends of it but I didn't think it was real." I said.

"That's said for your other half as well." Rosie remarked.

"What is a trident doing in a pool on land out of a merfolk's reach?" Kimi asked again.

"I'm guessing that it must have done something pretty bad." Rosalina points out.

"Yeah, but what?" I asked.

"I've been researching that. I can't find anything." Kimi retorted.

"Whatever that trident did, mermaids didn't want anyone to know about it." Helen remarked.

"Should we try to get it?" Rosalina asked.

"And risk our butts handling something that could potentially hurt us?" Helen asked. "Are you crazy?"

"She's right." I interjected. "Until we find out what this thing is capable of, we're not going near it."

"What about Zac? He saw it." Rosie pointed out.

"If he's got a clue, we'll look into it." Kimi said. We all agreed. And headed back to finish our project.

Line break...

We all finished it. We've gone swimming. But none of use dared to mention the trident. I was now lying in my bed tossing and turning. I couldn't help but wonder about this trident. I bet whatever it was, it was pretty important. Right at the moment, I was not so crazed into it. Zac on the other hand, was. Ever since we came back, he had been obsessed with it. I know he was curious, but there's something about this trident, that made me not want to tell him what I know. I've cross matched the word trident with every website on the internet. And the only thing I could find, was Poseidon's trident. If this was kept hidden for centuries, then what was it created for? A weapon of death and destruction? A symbol of power?

I didn't know, but I was for sure going to find out a whole lot worse. And I had a feeling that my aunt wasn't telling me something.