It's Over, yet it's only Beginning

In a dream...

"Where am I?" I asked to myself looking around only to find myself in the moon pool...under a full moon. I looked up and saw Cam looking down on me, and gave a smile that sent chills down my spine.

"Oh Thalie." He said coldly. "If only there were someone out there who understood you."

"What?" I asked confused. "How did you even get in here?"

"As Zac's right hand human man I didn't stand a chance against him. I knew I'd have to get my power somehow." Cam walked around the edge, cool and collected.

"Cam, what are you talking about?" 

"As his sister, I thought you could be the best tool, but no one was getting anywhere with you, with your sidekicks and all." He continued to ignore me as he continued sauntering around the moon pool like he owned it. "But Zac, he was so desperate for a friend, he was willing to let me in on his secret, just like that! I figured after he got control over Mako, I'd have to stage a little coup against Zac. But then you had to go and screw things up when you made your choice. And then after that, Zac was as much of a dumbass to put that trident back. All that's left now is to finish my plans, and become King of Mako Island." The trident appeared in his hands out of nowhere, glowing with energy. 

With a battle cry escaping my lips, I leaped forward to at least try to knock Cam down to his feet, but then Cam used the trident to push me back, slamming me against the rock wall.

"Oh I don't think so!" Cam said with glee.

"You're no match for that title." I laced every word with venom, while wiping blood from the back of my head.

"No, your coward of a brother was no match for that title." Cam spat back venomously. "I on the other hand, am the person who is going to get what he rightfully deserves."

"You won't get away with this." I snarled

"Oh, I already have." Suddenly the moon pool started having an earthquake and I held onto the ledge for dear life. Everything turned to white and then...

I woke up shaking, covered in cold sweat. 

"What the hell was that all about?" I asked, while thanking God that natural body fluids didn't trigger my transformation. Deciding to deal with this later, I went back to sleep, mostly because it was what, 5:30 in the morning!

Later, when it was a more appropriate time, I was looking out into the afternoon sky on the roof patio. It was a full moon that night and even though it was still daytime, I could not push back the feeling that something big was about to go down that night. The issue was, because Cam was in the dream, it didn't make sense. Was it me being secretly paranoid about everything that's happened or was Cam really up to something?

"Thalie there's something we wanna ask you." I heard Sirena's voice from behind me.

"Of course." I replied, turning around to see her with Lyla. "What's up?"

"When the pod comes back, could you visit?" Sirena asked.

"After all," Lyla said. "You've given us a lot of help. I'm sure Lady Kailani, won't mind her niece visiting for a couple of hours. I know Veridia doesn't like you but it would mean a lot to us, Nixie even if you took a swim with us."

"Well, I will try to visit." I said honestly. "I don't know what will happen once the pod comes home. I don't even know what house I'll even live in. All I know is, you girls, you belong with the pod, but I'll always have Mako to call sanctuary. But life's going to be different without you two." We engaged in a hug because I really was going to miss them so much.