Do or Do Not, There is No Try

It had been an entire 24 hours since Triton's curse had been removed. But unfortunately, Cam and Zac started fighting because Cam wanted the trident to have absolute power over Mako. It seemed like Cam was not the cursed one by the trident but by his own greed. I was on my way to class when I saw Zac walking past me.

"Hey Zac." I said.

"Hey." He responded a little down.

"I heard you got into a fight today." I said. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah." He replied.

"Let me guess, Cam was still mad about the trident?" I quizzed.

"You could say that." Zac said back.

"Not everyone is going to agree with your decision but you did the right thing." I told him, holding his hand. "Ever since you became a merman, life hasn't been easy for you, has it?"

"No, it's like I have a foot in two different worlds." Zac told me. "One here on land, the other out at sea."

"Believe me, you don't know how much I understand." I told him. 

"Ok, now I'm having serious Deja Vu." said Zac lightheartedly. 

"Why?" I asked, puzzled.

"Because I literally had the exact same conversation with your mom about 10 minutes ago." 

I laughed, walking down the hall to go to my class. I stopped for a second to say to my brother, "I'm serious Zac, for all that you've done, I forgive you and I love you. Always have and I always will."

After school ended that day, there was a lesson being held. Specifically, a mermaid lesson. "Momm we've got everything set up for the lesson." I said, reaching for something off the shelf in the grotto.

"That's great." Mom said to us. "We have a visitor. Come in." Zac came in, beaming and ready to learn.

"Hey Zac." Lyla said cheerfully.

"Come on in." I said, spreading my arms open.

"What's he doing here?" Nixie asked.

"Zac's here because I invited him." My mom said sternly at the brunette. "He's caught between two worlds, it's making things really difficult for him. He wants to know more about what happened. Problem is, mermaids don't really know that much about mermen."

"Why not?" He asked confused.

"Probably because we're all too busy escaping you." I gave Nixie a glare.

"Some mermen have tried to destroy us in the past." Sirena reminded us.

"According to our history, it's been that way ever since there was a war between us long ago." Mom explained.

"Oh that's right." Nixie reminded. "A war between us."

"Do the words 'long ago' mean anything to you?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Excuse me, but it didn't seem that long ago when he had a trident on us." Nixie said.

"He put it back, what else do you want him to do?" asked Lyla.

"You know you're the reason why our pod left Mako." Nixie said with pure hatred at Zac. "Pure mermaids wouldn't dare be around a merman."

"I can't just pack up and move." Zac said exasperated.

"You don't have to." Nixie quipped. "All you have to do is stop being a merman. Go back to your world and we will go back to ours."

"How?" Zac asked.