A Visit from Sweet Sister and Dearest Auntie

"Thalie?" I woke up to Sirena shaking me. I looked at my clock, which read 8:30 a.m. "Wake up wake up!"

"Sirena, I'm not a morning person." I grumbled, pulling the covers closer to my face.

"Too bad, I've got a surprise for you." Sirena said.

"Can you show me it later?" I asked, really wanting to go back to sleep.

"No." I heard Sirena. As soon as I tried to go back to my beauty sleep, she pulled the covers off. "You wanna go swimming?" My ears perked up. Of course I wanted to go swimming! It's literally in my blood. I got up, got changed in my swimsuit, and followed Sirena to the pool. The grotto one. We stopped about 20 yards away from Mako Island.

"Where are we going Sirena?" I asked.

"Like I said, it's a surprise." She answered.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise now would it?" The blonde Aussie mermaid asked.

"If you tell me, I'll still act surprised." I said, putting on my best face.

"Nice try." Sirena chuckled. "Now come on." Using our superspeed swimming, we went under this underwater cave that was about 50 meters long. Finally we surfaces in this pool and something told me that it was no ordinary pool. My first clue was that the water in here was the calmest of any water I had ever seen in the entire reef. While the sea was rough and moving constantly, this pool had nice warm water. I felt whole in there.

"Welcome to the moon pool." Nixie opened her arms, in a welcoming gesture.

"Alright I admit it." I said. "This is pretty cool. It's amazing actually."

"Thalassa." Lyla said to me, as I sat on the ledge, my gold tail shimmering in the sunlight. "The moon pool, is the most sacred place there is for mermaids in the pod. We were all created here. After the war, contact with mermen became taboo for mermaids in any pod. So mermaids resorted to magic to reproduce. Your mother and aunt were born here as the three of us were. But the moon pool can do so much more than that. When the full moon passes over here, the magic of the pool is at it's peek. Any human who even gets a drop of that magic water becomes a merperson. That's how Zac got his tail."

"Yes." We heard a feminine voice behind us. "Aside from that, the moon pool possesses vast magic, some of which we don't know about." We turned around and it was Aquata and my aunt!

"Aquata, you came back!" Sirena exclaimed, giving her sister a hug. "I've been hoping for this for so long!"

"Hey." I said to my aunt. "Aunt Kaila

"Hello Blair." She said.

"Aunt Kailani, Blair is dead." I said. "How about a hug for your niece, Thalassa?"

"You mean... you've made the choice?" Kailani asked in shock. I told her everything that happened. I gotta say, Aquata's face was priceless.

"Thalassa- I mean Thalie, you mean to tell me that the land boy that fell in here and transformed into a merman was your adoptive brother?!" She nearly shrieked.

"Pretty much sums it up." I replied meekly.

"I can't believe this." Kailani said. "And you didn't tell him about you being a halfling didn't you?"

"I might have." I said,nervously laughing.

"Out on the reef, I think I might have seen your brother." Aquata pointed out.

"So anyway, Auntie." I said, changing the subject. "How come you're back?"

"Well I'm just visiting you." My aunt answered, with all of us raising an eyebrow. "What? Can't an aunt check on her own niece?"