Chapter 3

The noise hit me first. Shouting. Jeering. Singing.

Then I saw them. And they saw me.

The cells erupted. Within that second I'm pretty sure I heard every insult and catcall known to man.

I stopped walking and stared, they were actually going to put me in here, with hundreds of men, some of which hadn't had female contact for years.

Suck it up, I told myself.
This was happening whether I liked it or not.
Don't show any weakness.
Head high.

I noticed Bellick standing at the door, his fingers in a splint, I smirked before walking forward. The door locked behind me.

Bellick gripped my arm "Come on sweetheart, time to meet your neighbours" he said sarcastically.

He pulled me up the stairs, the inmates were still shouting and jeering at me "Come here girly I'll show you a good time"
"I'd like a bit of that"
"Don't ignore me baby"
"Damn she's fine"
"You can share a cell with me sugar"
Hands stuck out of the cells trying to grope at me, luckily for them I was too far away to break their fingers.

After what felt like an eternity we finally reached my cell. I stepped in and the door closed behind me. I looked at Bellick. "Welcome home" he said before walking away.

I looked around my cell. I had a small sink and toilet and a bunk bed that took up most of the room. I walked around the cell quickly learning every crack, every chip, every scratch. I looked in the small mirror above the sink and splashed some water on my face before smoothing my blonde hair down and tying it in a high ponytail.

I walked across to the front of my cell and looked through the bars. I began scanning my eyes across all the cells until a familiar face stopped me. There he was again, the man from the wardens office. His arms hung out of the cell and his eyes looking directly at me.

I jumped back in shock, his eyes seemed to burn a mark on my forehead and I retreated to the back of my cell.

Before I had a chance to gather my thoughts and figure out where I knew this guy from, a guard shouted, "Tier time"

The door to my cell slid open and I was totally exposed, no door to protect me now. I climbed up onto my top bunk but sat up straight to show I wasn't intimidated, then I waited.

It didn't take long before I heard a voice approaching. A southern accent trailed into my cell, "Now what do we have here boys" Only a second after I heard the voice I saw the face. He had a lean, hollow looking face and didn't seem to be carry much muscle.
I looked at his 'tag' who was clutching his pocket, I had a bad vibe about this guy.

I jumped down off the cell so I could look him in the eyes.

"Names T-bag" he drawled extending his hand. I looked at it but didn't take it. "Olivia" I said to him.
"Well now if that is not a beautiful name to match such a beautiful face"
"Now listen here little lady, these men in here are dangerous and they will not hesitate to hurt you, but you see here, I'm offering you a little proposition" He paused and pulled his other pocket out, holding it towards me.
"Now what do you say, why don't we go on a little stroll down to my cell, I'll protect you real good"

I looked down at the pocket in disgust before looking back into his eyes.
" I'll pass"

His eyes widened for a second, his tongue flicked over his bottom lip and traced his teeth.

"You see here girly, this ain't really a choice, you either come with me or you will die"

"I think I'll take my chances" I replied.

Before I could say another word T-bag grabbed me by my throat and slammed me against the wall.

Despite the pressure on my neck I kept my breathing steady and tried to panic.
I felt his hand make its way to my stomach and round to my back caressing my skin and he went. I shuddered but didn't move.

"So I'll ask you one more ti-"

He was interrupted by a commotion outside, suddenly another inmate pushed his way into the cell. My head was staring at the floor so I couldn't see his face only his feet.

"Why don't you let the girl go T" A voice said.

I knew that voice. T-bag released his grip from my neck and he turned to face the other con at the same time as I did.

I looked up at his face, my mouth dropped open in shock

"John?"

----

Dun, dun, dun! Sorry this chapter isn't as long, I'm going to try to work on longer chapters.

Please comment and vote and share with friends!

Just have a little faith 🙌🏻