Chapter 29

The sleep I got that night was disjointed and full of dreams of things I didn't want to think about. I woke up sweating. My breathing heavy and erratic. I got out of bed and headed to the window to watch the sunrise. A creak at the door made me turn round. Luca, John's son, stood at the door staring at me with wide eyes. I realised I was still in my underwear.

I smiled to myself. Perfect.

I stalked over to him making no move to cover myself up. "Hey Luca"

His mouth moved but no words came out. He cleared his throat loudly and finally spluttered out "Hi Liv"

I stepped closer to him and put my hand on his arm moving my thumb in slow circles. "I need you to do me a favour..."

15 minutes later he returned holding a Sig P238 pistol and my favourite blade. He looked slightly disappointed when he came in, I'd put on some clothes.

I hugged him hard "Thank you, thank you, thank you." He wrapped his arms around me.

"It's no problem." He said into my ear. His hands started to slip lower and lower until they were resting just above my ass. I let them stay there for a few seconds before pulling away. He looked at me with wide, puppy eyes and a sad face.

I frowned at him. "Not anymore Luca. I'm pregnant and I've found someone." Then I smiled as I thought of Michael, his intense stare that could stop me in my tracks, the tattoos covering his body that I could stare at for hours, his...other body parts. I was getting hot again. I tried to focus on Luca in front of me but now my mind was drifting. Luckily at that moment there was a knock at the door. I tucked the gun in my waistband and put the blade in my pocket.

John entered the room and look suspiciously at Luca before turning to me. "We're leaving in 5. Meet me at the back by the car." I nodded.

"Sure thing boss."

"Luca" John barked.

Luca jumped to attention and followed John out of the room.

I gathered my things and shoved it all in a rucksack. I was bringing everything incase things got hairy and it wasn't safe to come back. I headed out back and found John leaning against the car wearing the grey suit I'd bought him for his birthday years ago with his hair slicked back. He opened the backdoor seat and gestured me in, climbing in behind.

The guy in the front who I knew only as Broad started to drive. I stared out the window and watched the safe house disappear from view. John placed a hand on my thigh where the bandage was. "It's gonna be okay." He said gently. I nodded.

"Okay."

An hour later and we arrived at a run down motel. Broad parked the car on the edge of the road a bit away from the motel but with a good view of the room fibonacci was in. John opened the door and got out the car, I went to follow him but he pushed me backwards. He bent down and place both hands on my knees. "Before you protest listen to what I have to say." I crossed my arms but stayed silent. "I know what you're capable of but you're pregnant now and you need to be careful okay. The keys are still in the ignition in case we need to make a quick getaway. I'll be back in 5 minutes I promise. Okay?"

I sighed. "Fine but be careful okay, I need you to be the godfather."

John smiled widely. "It would be my pleasure." He said, before shutting the car door behind him.

I watched him walk to the motel door and slowly enter it. Suddenly there was a screeching of tyres and 5 black cars skidded round the corner into the the motel parking lot. A bunch of men with guns jumped out and faced the motel door. One of the men forced Broad onto the ground and held a gun to his head.

I quickly crawled into the driver seat and wound down the window to hear what was going on. The same guy who was on TV talking about us was shouting something at John. John emerged from the door his gun still in his hand. All the men raised their guns.

"Don't do it. Please don't do it." I whispered over and over again as I watched in horror at what was happening in front of me.

John raised the hand his gun was in.

The first bullet hit him straight in the chest.

The rest hit him every other part of his body.

I watched as one of the most important people in my life, the one who'd saved from myself and my father, fell to the floor. The life seeped out of him through the dozens of bullet holes. I felt everything and nothing at the same time.

I started the car and drove away.

---
:,(

This chapter isn't my finest work so I might go back later and fine tune it but I hope you enjoyed and thank you for being patient

Remember to comment and vote!!

Thank you for reading <3