Chapter 28

We were sitting around a big table playing cards. I'd taken a nap in the afternoon but my eyes were still drooping from exhaustion. David handed me a beer. I shook my head "Not for me. I'm pregnant." I said sheepishly. The boys cheered and David clapped me on the back.

"Congrats Ford."

I beamed back at my friends who had become my family. A face was missing. I leaned into David. "Where is she?" I watched his jaw clench.

"John didn't tell you." I shook my head. He sighed and grabbed my hand. "She was the one who turned you in. I'm sorry Olivia."

The blood in my veins turned to ice. I picked up the closest beer and threw it at the wall watching it explode. Beer trickled down the wall, the room was silent. I practically ran to my room, my nails were digging into my palms.

Once in my room I pushed my chest of drawers against the door and grabbed my knife set from the cupboard. I pulled out the biggest one and shoved a t-shirt in my mouth pulling down my pants to reveal the key tattoo on my thigh. I bit the shirt as hard as I could and cut away the skin tattoo was on. I screamed into the t-shirt as a white hot searing pain spread around my body. The door thudded against the chest of drawers and they toppled to the floor.

The knife was ripped from my hands causing me to scream again in anger. Rough hands pushed me backwards onto the bed and a heavy weight pushed down on my chest. The air was pushed out of my lungs and my body went limp. The weight was lifted from my chest and I sucked in as much air as I could. John's face hovered above me a concerned look on his face. He gently slapped my face. "Liv?" I scrunched up my face trying to hide the sadness. "Oh sweetie." He said gently.

I buried my face in his chest and gripped him tight. We stayed like that for 10 minutes. The waves of sadness washed over me, from the betrayal, to the baby, to Michael. Finally I sat up and faced John. The patch on my thigh was covered in a thick bandage and the knives had disappeared.

"I'm going to have to take all your shit away Liv." I turned away and wrapped myself in my blanket leaning back against John.

"Why didn't you tell me it was her." I said quietly. He stroked my hair gently and sighed.

"I know what she meant...means to you. I didn't want to hurt you."

"Where is she John?" I asked hesitantly, not sure if I wanted to know.

"She ran. The boys phoned me as soon as they found out she'd turned you in." He laughed. "I was so worried about you but the last thing I expected was for you to turn up in Fox River."

I laughed remembering that day and how happy I was to see John.

He bent down and kissed my cheek. "Get some rest. We might have a lead on fibonacci and I want to come with me."

"Night John. I love you."

"I love you too Liv."

He shut the door behind him and I was alone.

I stripped down to underwear to sleep in and curled up under the blanket. As I tried to get to sleep my mind kept drifting back to Michael.

-----------

Sorry for the short, weird and very delayed chapter. Hope you enjoyed it anyway.

Thanks for reading. Remember to vote and comment!