Chapter 7

I opened my eyes slowly and yawned stretching my arms out but I could only stretch them so far before they collided with something.

I opened my eyes fully and realised I was basically spooning Michael. I gently eased my way off the bed before checking the time on Michael's watch. A little past five.

Light was just beginning to stream into the cell. If only I could see the sunrise.

I walked over to the small mirror and began to slowly unwrap the bandage on my hand despite what Sara had said.

A small stump stuck out where my pinky used to be, for some reason this looked pretty amusing and I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

I heard a grunt from the bed and turned around to see Michael sitting up. "Something funny?" He asked.

I hid my hand behind my back, I didn't want him to think I was any weirder. "Nope" I replied cheerfully.

I turned back to the mirror and started to brush my teeth. While I was doing this I could feel something digging into my side. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the pencil sharpener I'd stolen from Sara.

I smiled before smashing it down on the sink.

I heard Michael stand up behind me "Olivia what are you doing?" he asked.

I ignored him and continued to smash the plastic down. After a couple more times I finally managed to dislodge the blade and I held it up triumphantly.

Michael looked at me confused.

"Protection" I said to him. I wasn't about to tell him what else it was for.

He nodded, understanding before beginning to get changed.

He pulled his top over his head and I stared in amazement at the tattoos that covered his chest.

I stepped forward and placed a finger on his back. He paused and I felt him shake slightly under my touch. I gently traced his tattoos still amazed by the beauty of them. He turned back to me and I smiled widely at him.

"They're beautiful" I said in a hushed voice.

I pulled my top over my head and Michael looked at me in surprise as I proceeded to pull my trousers down.

I pointed excitedly at my own tattoos. "These are mine" I said, sounding similar to a child at Christmas.

He stepped forward and hesitantly put his finger on a large dragon I had tattooed across my ribs. I smiled at him but my smile quickly faded at his finger moved down to a long scar that trailed across my hips. I shuddered at the memory. His finger continued moving down to a smaller scar.

He looked up at me and stared into my eyes. This trance like state was quickly broken when our cell door slid open.

Bellick appeared in the doorway. "Hannaford what the fuck are you doing"

"Just getting changed sir" I replied.

His eyes traced over my body "Take your time then" he said.

I quickly pulled on my clothes ignoring the look on Michael's face.

"Come on Hannaford, you have a visitor" Bellick said impatiently.

I froze. "What" I stuttered.

"You. Have. A. Visitor" Bellick said slowly, as if I was stupid.