Chapter 23

Thanks for the love and patience you guys, I was gonna put this off because of my upcoming exams but all your comments on the last chapter inspired me to write so thank you!

Remember to vote and comment! Thanks for reading

---

The silence was painful, broken only by quiet sobs. I realised the crying was coming from me. Before anyone could say anything John was walking quickly towards us an axe in his hands. He brought it down quickly, slicing through T-bag's wrist and denting the car.

The relieved pressure on my wrist made me slip so I was lying on the floor, someone was saying something but I couldn't hear them. The words buzzed around in my head but didn't form a sentence. I stared at T-bag, his eyes whirlpools of pain, his arm clutched to his chest.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. I wasn't sure what for but I thought I'd say it. A jolt of pain shot through my stomach to my back, causing me to seize and cry out in pain.

Large hands scooped me up off the floor, my whole body had gone floppy leaving me unable to resist. There was a patch of blood on the floor where I had been lying and I could feel wetness in my underwear. I sobbed hopelessly into John's chest. "She needs a doctor." John said sternly.

"We've got to get to the plane." Linc said but there was a new softness in his voice.

John started to move, I clutched him tightly still sobbing for the tiny human I was meant to protect. For someone who used to kill people for a living, I cried a lot.

I lost track of time but we couldn't have been moving for much more than 5 minutes when "Freeze, don't move." Suddenly boomed from a megaphone. I held even tighter to John as he picked up the pace. I could hear the sirens behind us and then a plane in front of us, the men started shouting loudly. I used all my energy to lift my head up from John's shoulder just in time to see the plane flyover our heads.

"What do we do now?" Sucre asked.

"We run." Michael said.

We took off again. I tried to wiggle free so John wouldn't have to carry me but he just squeezed tighter. We ran for hours, when ever we stopped, even for a second the dogs would be behind us, John carried me for most of it despite my protests. No one spoke unless absolutely necessary.

We paused for a second, it was daylight now , the air smelt different here, fresher somehow. I detached myself from John walking on wobbly legs, he reached out to me. "I'll be fine." I hissed embarrassed at how weak I must seem. A whistle like noise pierced the air, Linc started running towards it. We emerged from the bushes and a train was straight ahead.

"All we got to do is get to the other side." Linc shouted. I was at the back of the group behind Michael and Sucre. I watched Linc, John and C-note sprint in front of the train.

"It's going too fast." I heard Sucre shout, they began to run closer to the train, I followed behind trying to keep up. Sucre pulled himself in to one of the compartments and pulled Michael up.

Michael stuck his hand out leaning towards me. "Cmon Olivia." He shouted. I ran as fast as I could but I was too far away, I tried to grab hold of the side of the train but there was nothing but flat metal.

"Go Michael! Go!" I shouted and after a pause "I love you."

I kept running but I was slipping away still desperately trying to grab hold of the train but the agility I used to have from working for John was gone and my legs were weak.

"I'll find you Olivia." Michael shouted over the noise of the train. "I love you." Then he disappeared from sight. I kept running alongside the train until finally      there was a piece of metal I could grab hold of.

I used all my strength to pull myself up into a empty compartment. I peeked over the other side watching the forest whizz past. It seemed higher now and the train seemed to be doing faster. I wasn't going to risk hurting my baby anymore so instead I crouched into a ball and let myself be carried away from the man I loved.

---

... what can I say. I don't like to be predictable.

Please vote and comment, it keeps me motivated

Thanks for reading, love you all <3