Chapter 26

Told you all I'd be updating more 😏 thank you to @zaynthrowback for all the comments, it really doesn't take much to make me smile, funny comments really make my day. Anyways hope you enjoy the chapter and don't forget to vote and comment!

---

I stared at the man in front of me with a mix of shock and horror. I was certain he'd be dead after John cu-. His hand. Oh god. My eyes focused on the arm he was cradling to his chest. His hand was crudely sewn on with a shaky line of stitches, it still appeared to be bleeding. I gagged internally as I continued to stare at him.

"You gonna let me in sugar." He said. I could tell from the way he gripped his teeth together he was in pain. I later wondered why I stepped aside and allowed this man into my room but in that moment shock had overcome me. I stubbled to the bed and sat down. I continue to stare at him in shock.

"I thought you were dead." I finally said. He looked up at me, I never realised how dark his eyes were, they swirled like the sky before a storm, when no one knows what's going to hit.

"When your pals left me for dead I thought I was a goner, but bagwell's are hard to kill." He smiled widely like he'd made a funny joke, the storm in his eyes was still brewing.

"How the hell did you find me?"

He clicked his tongue. "Lets not get into all the technicalities. Not tonight"

I sighed "I think I have some painkillers somewhere do you want them?"

He nodded, staying silent for once.

I pulled everything out my pockets and put it on the side, no luck. They must be in the bag. I dug around for a bit before extracting a bottle of standard painkillers turning around triumphantly. T-bag was no longer on the bed, he was standing clutching one of the scan pictures, staring at it intently.

My heart stopped for a second worried what he was going to do, surprisingly he handed it back to me. "Guess I should be saying congrats." He said, taking the painkillers from my hand and sitting back down on the bed. I handed him a water bottle and sat in the chair in the corner.

I broke the silence after 2 minutes and 17 seconds. "You said once we were outside these walls I was yours." He turned to me.

"And you said once we were outside these walls you were gonna to kill me." He said almost sounding amused. We both continued to stare at each other. Eventually I got up and headed to the bathroom.

"I need to dye my hair." He laughed.

"So I do girly." He said pulling out some blonde dye from his pocket and following me to the bathroom.

We worked in silence following the instructions on our own packets. It felt surreal, two murderers dyeing their hair together in the bathroom. I felt no desire to kill him and he made no move on me. We were certainly not friends but we had a mutual goal and understanding.

I sat in the bedroom waiting for T-bag to shower. I lay on the bed, probably staining it from the dye in my hair, and turned on a nature channel while eating some jelly beans and pretzels. Nutritious. When I heard the bathroom door click open I sat up and laughed. T-bag stood there, a towel wrapped around his waist his hair a very odd blonde colour. "Like what you see girly?" He smirked.

I laughed, still finding the sight of his hair amusing before grabbing all my stuff and heading into the bathroom. I locked and checked it was secure. T-bag and I may have a mutual understanding but it didn't mean I trusted that scumbag. I hopped into the shower washing my hair and all the mud off my body. Having hot water was a blessing and I savoured every second.

Eventually I got out the shower. I wrapped myself in a towel and looked in the mirror. It was pretty shitty. The dye was cheap so a lot had washed out and it wasn't as dark as I would have liked but at least I wasn't blonde any more, it would have to do as far as disguises go. I dried myself the best I could before pulling on a pair of stolen sweatpants and a hoodie. I tied my hair up into a ponytail and headed into the bedroom where T-bag was lounging on the bed.

I grabbed the remote from the side and switched over from whatever T-bag was watching. "Hey I was watching that." He shouted indignantly. I ignored him and flicked to the news.

A man I didn't recognise was standing behind a podium talking. Mugshots of the guys appeared on screen "These men right here are now the eight most wanted men in America." My mugshot flashed up. "And this is the most wanted woman in America."

The screen changed to a studio. "That was Alex Mahone with the latest statement from the FBI" A female news anchor announced. "We'll be with you all night giving you the latest updates, now to Hugh who is in New York talking to the father of one of these felons. The screen changed again, my father's face appeared on screen and I jumped back in shock. T-bag turned to look at me in confusion but I kept my eyes focused on the screen.

"Mr Russom what can you tell us about your daughter." The reporter asked him.

I squeezed my nails into my palms tightly remembering the threat he made when he visited the prison.

"My daughter is a very dangerous felon, she committed atrocious crimes resulting in her imprisonment at a male facility. Olivia."

I swear my heart skipped a beat at the sound of my name.

"If you're watching this, please turn yourself in there's no need to hurt anyone else. You've already caused damage to enough people"

The screen switched back to the studio but I wasn't listening. I grabbed the ceramic vase on the bedside table designed to give the bland room some 'personality' and threw it against the floor shattering it. I leaned forward and screamed into the bed cover. How did this man always reappear in my life, I'd tried so hard to run from him but he always grabbed me by the hair and pulled me back. I was going to kill him.

A hand on my back made me jump. I sat up and stared at T-bag, luckily it was his good hand he'd decided to put on my back. "Fathers are no good." He said, his voice was sincere. I sighed and headed to the bathroom to calm down. I pressed my face against the cool mirror and tried to focus. I need to keep my head straight if T-bag was going to sleep here.

When I returned the bedroom T-bag was in the same place I left him. I grabbed a pillow from the bed and pulled the top cover from underneath him. He stared at me. "If you're going to stay here you sleep in the bathroom." He opened his mouth as if to protest but closed it quickly. He grabbed the stuff from my hands and went into the bathroom. I locked the door behind him and jammed a chair under the handle. I wasn't taking any chances. I climbed on top of the bed and pulled a blanket I'd found under the bed over me. It was cleaner than the sheets.

Being in a real bed, no matter how dirty it was, felt good. I pinched my arm to try to distract myself from the pain of missing Michael and John. A small smile spread across my face at the thought of reuniting with them and I closed my eyes.

---

Thanks for reading!

Remember to vote and comment!