Chapter Four

Ground Zero

Chapter Four

___________________________________________

Wilhelmina Stein, the babysitter for little Jack and Harriet (much to her irritation), and of course, the prison guard on duty for yours truly, but all guards could be bribed with the right offering.

And I knew Wilhelmina well enough to know that the eighteen year old, popular senior girl liked to party and I mean, really party. Booze wasn't enough. She liked her ecstasy, and as it would seem, we were both in luck, because I just so happened to have what she desires.

Now, she just needed to be a bad little prison guard and accept the bribe, so then I would be free to leave the house longer than half an hour.

''Thank you for coming on such short notice, Wilhelmina.'' Mia said and the relief was evident in her voice.

''Oh, it's not a problem, Mia.''

''Okay, well, Landon and I will be home around seven, and I know you're not responsible for Hazel, but just so you know, he's grounded. So, if he leaves the house, call me.''

''When is that boy ever not grounded?'' Wilhelmina asked and I could practically hear her eye rolling at my expense.

''He definitely likes to get into trouble, it would seem,'' Mia murmured thoughtfully, before she mumbled what sounded like a curse under her breath. ''Okay, I got to go or I'm gonna be late to the courthouse. Jack's in his room down for his nap, and Harriet is probably hiding out in her bedroom as well, and Hazel, he's on top of the stairs eavesdropping.''

Damn, that woman was good.

''Bye, Mia!'' I called down, loud enough for her to hear, but low enough to not wake up Jack or alert Harriet because once my foster mom left, I needed Wilhelmina alone to make the deal without an audience.

''Yes, bye, Hazel!'' Mia returned. I could hear the fond amusement in her voice.

The moment the front door was closed, I made my way down the curved staircase and over to where Wilhelmina stood expectantly, like she knew my plan, drilling her hazel eyes into me as I approached. She was beautifully stunning with ebony skin, long chocolate brown hair, and a rocking hot body. She had long tone legs, skinny waist, good rack, prominent collar bones, full cupid-bow lips, high cheek bones and a gorgeous oval face that was done up in light make-up.

''Hazel, you look really good for a guy whose been shot.'' Wilhelmina greeted and her full cupid-bow lips turned up into a hint of a smile, and I didn't miss the way her eyes trailed over me, but she knew she was barking up the wrong tree.

Though, there was no rule against looking, and I will admit, being checked out was flattering, especially by an attractive older woman. It continued to remind me that I would get so much pussy if I wasn't gay.

''I'm not really in the mood for small talk,'' I drawled while I dug out a small baggy from my front pant pocket and dangled said baggy between us at eye level, so Wilhelmina would take notice of the five small colorful pills inside. ''I'll give you these if you turn a blind eye to me leaving the house for awhile.''

''Harriet would rat on you--''

''Don't worry about, Harriet. She's not going to utter a word.''

Wilhelmina pursed her glossy lips in thought while she continued to stare at the ever tempting baggy before she sighed out loud and nodded, taking the baggy from my hand and clenched it tightly in her fist.

She huffed. ''You best be back before seven rolls around, Hazel.''

''Don't worry, I will.'' I assured.