Chapter Ten

Ground Zero

Chapter Ten

___________________________________________

The term butterflies in your stomach was stupid.

Because at the moment, as Elijah and Amelia helped guide me outside to find Zero, I did not feel as though there was butterflies in my stomach. No, I felt as though there were a bunch of very angry, wet cats running rampage in my stomach.

I had a lot going on at the moment and I hated myself for being both anxious and excited to see Zero. I had way more to worry about, like the fact that my life was going down in flames before my very fucking eyes. I was not only a missing person, but I was turned into a werewolf (without my consent) and currently in heat which now to my knowledge means I was desperate to get laid. And because my life was already going down in flames, I didn't want to get my ass smashed by just anyone.

No, my stupid now turned werewolf ass wanted the werewolf who straight up changed me.

''Why won't the burning just stop?'' I asked no one in particular, tilting my head back to look up at the sun setting sky. ''Like, I get it; I'm hornier than a teenage boy on prom night.''

''That burning feeling won't go away until you're done with your heat,'' Amelia responded. ''Hence why it's called a heat.''

''Well that's just stupid.''

''Welcome to being a werewolf; where not a lot about our species makes a whole ton of sense.'' Eli said.

''I never asked to become a werewolf,'' I deadpanned, trying to get my mind off the fact that I wanted dick more than I wanted oxygen. God, I was probably just the gayest werewolf to ever live. ''Zero said he turned me because I smelled of death. There was no, hey dude, wanna be a Twilight character?''

Amelia and Eli came to an abrupt stop and each cast one another a look which meant they were sharing a secret conversation I wasn't invited in on. I narrowed my eyes and darted my gaze between the two of them. They had both already lied to me and now they had the audacity to continue on lying.

''What. Aren't. You. Telling. Me. Now.'' I demanded slowly, trying my best to keep my voice steady and not all raspy.

''It'd probably be best if Colton explained--'' Elijah began but I wasn't having it.

''I'm not asking Colton, I'm asking the two of you.''

''Hazel, it's not so simple to explain.'' Amelia murmured.

''Well, simplify it.''

The two of them went quiet again and shared another look which only pissed me off further. Clearly, they weren't going to tell me what their exchanged glances were for and we were losing out on daylight. I would get the answers to all my questions soon enough, but right now instead of dealing with all their bullshitting, I wanted to go and make sure Zero was okay.

I scoffed. ''Just take me to see Zero.''

Neither objected and just as we began to start walking again, motherfucking Caleb came out of nowhere. He stood before us with his tan muscular arms crossed and a very well-known scowl pinching his handsome facial features.

''Why aren't any of you inside the house?''

''Uhm, because we're trying to take in the nature.'' Eli had said while Amelia went with the truth. ''We're taking Hazel to see Zero.''

''Like hell he's going to see that dangerous, stupid neanderthal.''

''He is not a stupid neanderthal!'' I protested and because I was feeling very defensive of Zero, I threw back. ''You're a stupid neanderthal!''