Chapter Twenty-One

Ground Zero

Chapter Twenty-One

___________________________________________

It felt like forever while the older man kept his teeth clamped down on the side of my neck, but I knew logically it had to have been mere seconds. The moment he released his jaws, white hot agony pulsed through the side of my neck, but it didn't stop there. I felt the pain quickly travel throughout the rest of my body, rendering my body immobile.

Only then, with me this absolutely vulnerable did he release his hold on me. I collapsed onto the damp, leaf covered ground like a sack of potatoes which didn't help with the pain shooting around my body like a ping-pong machine. Though, now I took into account that I was still screaming. I couldn't hear the scream myself, only the ringing in my ears, but I felt the rawness that possessed my throat and blood lingering on my tongue.

The scent of blood--my blood was thick in the air. It assaulted my nose and only heightened the taste in my mouth, but I could barely keep focus on that because of the pain. It was so bad. I didn't know how to make the pain stop or how to escape into my own head to block out the pain. It was just that bad, like someone had poured gasoline on me and lit me on fire.

A hand covered my mouth, muffling my screams and I felt hot breath against my ear. His lips brushed against my skin while he spoke, though his voice sounded distant. "You're probably in a lot of pain, but don't worry, I'm gonna make you feel so much better. Gonna knot you so good, omega. You're mine now, bitch."

Translation, this older man who I had the displeasure of meeting back at the complex was gonna rape me. That knowledge alone should have been enough to get me motivated to fight back and escape, but I couldn't even move a muscle.

Fuck, I couldn't even twitch a finger.

I closed my eyes, desperate to escape this reality but it truly wasn't possible. My eyes flew back open when I felt him move me around like a rag doll while he began disposing of my shirt and began working on my pants. Working the button and zipper free while he eagerly began shimmying the jeans down my legs, removing my sneakers along with them and tossing the garments aside. Leaving me exposed in nothing but my underwear and socks.

His breathing picked up. It caused chills to race up and down my spine in disgust. My heart continued to beat at a dangerous pace, threatening to break through my ribs at any given moment while this man ogled my exposed skin.

"You have any idea how hard it is for an alpha like myself to find an omega? Really hard. You're the first I've ever come across in the twenty-six years I've been alive. And a fucking male, no less. You aren't even supposed to exist. You are a tale, a legend, make belief..." He trailed, settling back down to straddle my legs and ran his palms up along my back until they settled around my neck, threatening to squeeze.

"Alphas can only knot omegas, did you know that? We can't knot betas or other alphas or humans. Do you have any idea how insufferable that is? Like an itch that can never be scratched. Always left just a little unsatisfied." The grip on my neck tightened ever so slightly which had my breathing hitch. "Well, until tonight that--"

A horrifying, inhuman roar tore through the night. It was a bone chilling sound that had the older man straddling my legs jump up and start running in the opposite direction. I watched him run, but he didn't make it far as a blur of movement soared passed me and leapt on top of the man. They went crashing to the ground hard. The roar sounded up again and the older man screamed in absolute terror, but he was abruptly cut off as one of the most sickening cracks rang throughout the dead of night.