Chapter Thirteen

Ground Zero

Chapter Thirteen

___________________________________________

I had to look roughed up.

"I can't." Colton said.

"I won't." Elijah said.

"Pussies." Caleb said before he proceeded to rough me up, and the fucking dick probably enjoyed doing so, I didn't doubt it for even a second in my mind.

How Amelia loved this cold-hearted son of a bitch still remained a mystery to me.

But this was all for the plan which had to be set into action right away. We couldn't have Quinn's body just laying around forever, deteriorating whilst stinking up the place; we needed to move fast so here I sat behind the driver's side of his expensive black Range Rover, driving towards town with Zero still passed out in the passenger seat and Mimzy in the back seat.

"It'll have to be hot wired." Colton had said, giving no explanation on why and only stating because before allowing Elijah to get to work since hot wiring was his specialty. I mean, I knew the gist of hot wiring, but I wasn't as good or quick as Elijah but at least I could do it unlike Caleb.

Fuck you, Caleb. I thought bitterly while I gingerly reached up to touch my swollen left eye. I hissed the moment my finger made contact and returned my hand back onto the wheel which I squeezed tightly in my hands. It was still another fifteen minute drive before I was going to reach town, and I know the plan was to drive straight to the police station, but I had to make a detour.

I couldn't just walk into the police station with over twenty-grand that has once taken up residence inside a Bisquick box and now kept hidden on my person. They'd for sure take it as evidence, and uhm, fuck that. The money was Zero's...and I mean, mine too.

We could share it.

Yeah, we'll share it.

It's not like he would know what to do with twenty-grand anyway. He had no concept of what it was for, not yet anyway, but he'd learn. He was going to learn a lot of things and hopefully put his nightmare of a past behind himself...with the help of therapy.

Zero was gonna need a fuck-ton of that.

I glanced away from the road to give Zero another quick once over before returning my gaze back. It was weird, driving towards the direction of my house with no intention of going inside, just yet anyway. I just had to drop the cash off and then go on my merry way to the police station where I was going preform one hell of a show.

I just had to follow Colton's plan.

The only snare in his plan was Zero who was definitely a wildcard.

"It's stupid letting Hazel bring Zero with him." Caleb had blatantly stated, arms crossed and looking unimpressed.

"It is a risk, but you know as well as I do, there are werewolves on the force. Hell, Amelia's father is Chief and a werewolf, so even if Zero wolf's out, they'll deal with it appropriately, and on top of that, discreetly get him the proper help he needs."

"I'm more concern with Hazel driving alone with Zero in the car with him. I mean, Hazel is still in heat." Amelia had given her two cents.

"Yeah, that could be a issue." Elijah agreed with a grimace.

"Well, he's out now." I had pointed out. "And honestly, I don't really feel my heat anymore."

"You may not feel it, but holy shit, we can still smell you." Caleb deadpanned, looking  disgusted which had me glaring at him.