Chapter Twenty-Eight

Ground Zero

Chapter Twenty-Eight

___________________________________________

I banged my fist against the door, over and over until the man with the scowl I was looking for opened the door.

"What the fu--" I didn't give Colton enough time to finish his sentence before my white knuckled fist connected with his face. I was mildly surprised to see him stumble back a step and reach up to clutch his nose, but the surprise quickly disappeared, ate up by the returning fury.

"You are an even bigger piece of shit than I thought." I growled, watching him remove his hand and scan it over, clearly looking for any sign of blood but to my disappointment there was none. Colton lowered his hand and his hazy blue eyes met with my brown ones.

"Hazel, I'm sorry for biting you and--"

I laughed, but it wasn't one of humor. "Yeah, you fucking suck for doing that, but shockingly, that punch wasn't for the bite, asshole."

Colton frowned, confused. "Then what was it for, Hazel?"

"Eli." I seethed. The confusion was instantly wiped from his face and I found myself going to punch him again, but this time he caught my fist in his hand.

"Come inside."

"Fuck you."

Colton tightened his hand around my fist. "Watch it, Hazel. I may not be your alpha, but you are my subordinate," I snatched my hand out of his grip and glared while he continued. "Now, again, I am sorry I bit you. It won't happen ever again. It was a mistake. An awful and terrible one and Caleb happily beat the shit out of me for it and I've been kicking myself in the ass for it as well."

"Well, you should be kicking your ass even harder for what you've been doing to Elijah, you sick--"

"Come inside," Colton stressed, opening the door wider and motioned me in. "We'll talk cause you really don't know what you're talking about it."

"Oh, I think I fucking do."

"You don't."

"Eli told me he loves you." I snarled.

"Then the feeling would be mutual."

I opened and closed my mouth and spluttered incoherently before I managed to say. "W-what? Colton, he's sixteen and you're, well, you're fucking not. You're twenty! Almost twenty-one! It's-it's sick!"

Colton sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Look, just come inside, okay? I'll explain."

"Explain out here."

"Nosy werewolf neighbors." He murmured, taking a step back and motioned me inside once again.

I stood rooted in place and stared him down for a solid seven seconds. I debated listening to him or not, but I wanted answers and to get those answers, I needed to talk to him. Ask him questions. Drill him for Elijah. I huffed out a breath and stormed passed him and into the wolf's den. I heard the door close and Colton followed me into the living room. I stood with my arms crossed while Colton sat down on the couch.

A moment of silence passed before I spit out. "Explain."

Colton gave me an unamused expression before he said. "I love Eli, Hazel. I really do."

I shook my head and kissed the front of my teeth. "Regardless. You recruited him into your gang at fourteen, Colton. He was a child and he's still a child. Age isn't just a number, you know and--"