♱Chapter 10♱

Raven's P•O•V

Piper grabbed my hand and led me into my closet. Grasping my wrist, Piper dragged me into the room, blabbering on about something. I wasn't paying full attention to what she was saying though.

"Everything is perfectly in place," she observed, "what kind of woman are you? Have you not touched any of it?" She turned to me, now detaching her hold. I shook my head and looked around at everything, still not used to the sight of such lavish belongings surrounding me. Usually, everything considered 'beautiful' avoided me like the plague. Never would I believe that such beautiful, eccentric things would be called mine in any sort of circumstance.

"Why not?" Piper furrowed her brow, confusion played out on her face. I looked back to her and sighed.

"Because they're not mine," I told her honestly. She looked at me in shock.

"Raven," Piper sighed and gave me a pitiful look, "I know it's hard to accept this new life, but it's clothes. Accepting them isn't so hard." Piper told me, holding both my hands and gave a smile. I smiled softly in return but still felt uneasy as she led me over to the long line of ball gowns and dresses.

"So can you tell me why we're in here again?" I asked softly as she started inspecting each dress one by one. She stopped and turned her head to look at me.

"It's Alec's birthday today," Piper said with a cheery voice.

"And...?" I looked at her, still confused.

"As long as you bear the name of being his Soulmate, you're entitled to go," Piper said this as if it were simple and I should've guessed by now. Which, come to think of it, I should've. But my hopes of ignoring that word when it was used in reference to me were crushed.

"What an honor..." I muttered, my words dripping with sarcasm as my gaze wandered around the closet.

"Everything will be fine!" Piper insisted. "Everyone just wants to meet you, that's all. There's no harm in giving them a stunning woman to meet."

"Please tell me you're not going to dress me up," I said, my words begging. At that moment Piper grabbed a dress and held it up.

"Of course not!" She said, giving me a look that screamed of her plans to do the exact opposite.

"I look horrid! Why can't you just dress up and go in my place?" I grumbled as Piper waited for me as I changed. I could hear Piper laugh from outside the door.

"I don't think that's possible," She said. "Do you need help?"

"I can't reach the zipper," I huffed. Piper came in and gasped. I turned around to face her.

"I know. I look awful-" I said and started to pull down the off-the-shoulder straps.

"No no no!" She stammered, coming over, and stopped me. She grabbed my shoulders and looked at me with a gentle expression.

"You look absolutely magnificent," She insisted. I looked down at the dress and then back up to her.

"Don't believe me?" Piper questioned and turned me around so I was faced with a full-length mirror. I gasped and froze in shock at the sight in front of me.