♱Chapter 34♱

*Mature(ish) Content Rating*

Alec's P•O•V

I held onto Raven like if I let go, she'd vanish again. Feeling her in my arms again made my whole body warm. Her lips still the full, perfect lips I had fallen for the first time she kissed me. And when they were against mine it made me wonder if I'd ever have the strength to see her gone again.

I pulled away from her soft lips and kept my head pressed against hers. Looking down at her curvy, silken-covered body made me - a presumed strong, hardheaded Vampire - weak. I could hear her pulse flooding her as her heart beat with the speed of a butterfly's fluttering wings.

I marveled at the way her skin shivered and goosebumps appeared at the surface as I trailed my fingertips up her arm. I brushed the hair behind her shoulder and caressed her neck with both of my hands now.

I tore my gaze from her skin and looked into her dark brown eyes. She watched me and caught my expression. She furrowed her brow and looked to me.

"What is it?" She whispered, looking up to me through her thick lashes with concern. I shook my head with a small, crooked smile planted on my face.

"I just missed you." I replied and pulled her back to me, kissing her passionately. Raven gasped in response to the kiss, but soon her shock subsided and she kissed back.

I fought the strong urges that filled me and disregarded them. Slowly backing her against the wall, the kiss deepened. I removed my hands from the back of her neck so that they encased her, firmly pressed against the wall on both sides of her.

Raven's lips molded to mine as she laced her fingers in my hair. I could feel myself resisting the many temptations that flooded through me. Yet, at the same time I let the heat fill me as I was pressed so close to Raven.

I pulled away, not letting the heat consume me and persuade me any more than it already had. I wouldn't hurt Raven. As much as I wanted her, I couldn't forget the last time. And I wouldn't. In order to keep my mind straight and keep my self control in hand, I wouldn't...

My breathing was uneasy as I closed my eyes and avoided looking at her. I held my head low. Raven must have noticed because she ran her hand down to my bicep and rubbed it soothingly.

"Alec?" She murmured, her breath ragged, "what's wrong?"

I sighed.

"We can't." I told her firmly. She placed two fingers underneath my chin and pulled my gaze up to her. I opened my eyes and stared into hers shamefully, knowing my eyes were bright red by now.

"You know I trust you." She said unwaveringly. Of course, I believed her words to be true, but I knew she'd never trust me if I did give in to my temptation...

"I know you do." I mumbled in response. She gave me those pouty lips that her and I both knew were irresistible.

"Then why do you stop yourself?" She asked the inevitable question. I sighed, running a hand through my hair, and stepped away from her.

"You know why." I told her guiltily and sat in the plush Victorian chair in front of the unlit fireplace. Raven sighed and walked over to me, sitting somewhat on my lap as she rested her back against the armrest.