♱Chapter 15♱

Raven's P•O•V

"Are you - are you serious?" I stuttered. He looked at his shoes as he scuffed the rug a couple of times as an act of boredom, but it was something more than that. He gave the action a different presentation. By the way he did it, I knew he was fighting himself over his decision.

"The jet will be ready in fifteen minutes. Pack whatever you want," He said plainly and looked up and all I could see in his eyes was numbness. I felt guilt fill my whole body.

"You're going home," He finalized it and dropped his gaze, closing the door in my face.

I stared at the door for a second before turning around. They all stared at me with different expressions. Irina and Piper looked utterly shocked while Dimitri and DeMalo wore blank expressions on their faces, maybe an arched brow at most.

I shook the feeling of surprise off, knowing that as the girl who always thought about others, for once I needed to think about myself. This is what I had wanted since I got here...

I brushed past them swiftly, leaving them without saying a word. I stormed past people who had gathered in the hall and fled to the safety of the royal hall that my room was part of. I closed the door behind me and fell back against it, shutting my eyes and letting out a jagged breath I didn't know I had been holding.  When I opened my eyes, I pushed myself off the door and grabbed a bag out of the walk-in closet. I noticed that the only thing I called my own was the outfit I had on the night I was taken here. I sighed and put the bag down.

Staring at the room, I looked over everything that temporarily was mine. To any girl, this would've been a dream come true. The jewels, the ball gowns, the royalty of it all...I got it all. I had it all. And now I was giving it all up. And a part of me was going to miss it.

The memory of the price of all these lavish things snapped me out of my mourning. The price was my life as a human and I wasn't ever going to pay that price. I shook my head and changed into my original olive green sweater and black skirt. I walked to the door and stopped one last time to look over the room. Soon this kingdom would all be a distant memory. A dream that I was about to wake up from.

I opened the door and walked out, facing the vampires that had gathered in the hall. They must have been the ones that had now caught word of what was going on. I ignored them and walked past them with all the strength and confidence left in me.

I was finally going home.

I found Alec on the landing pad. An immense jet was being prepared as I walked up. With Alec was his family. He ran a hand through his hair, causing Piper to rub his back reassuringly. I walked up, and I could hear them talking.

"Son, this is ridiculous! You have to convince her to stay," Irina pleaded.

"Mother, I can't. You know I can't and I won't. She will never be happy here," Alec sighed in reply.

"Like hell, you won't. There is no convincing to be done. Happy or not, she cannot leave-" Dimitri scolded him, jabbing a finger at his heir as he spoke. Alec grabbed his wrist and pulled his father closer to him threateningly.

"She can and she will. There is nothing I can do and I'm not going to force her to stay," He growled, finishing the argument. A flare of rage ran through Dimitri's eyes. Alec shoved his father's hand out of his grip and crossed his arms in front of his chest.