♱Chapter 38♱

We're gonna change it up with Piper's P•O•V 😉

Piper's P•O•V

I sat next to Alec as he slowly started to weaken. He had gone from thrashing and writhing in his bed, to just groaning weakly in pain. His cheeks had sunken in, turning almost a gray color, and his breathing shallow.

"Where's Raven?" Alec asked me, his head tilted towards me, eyes barely open. His voice was hoarse from all the past screaming.

"She's in her room. Father sent her away so she wouldn't have to see you like this." I answered him softly, looking over to our parents who were in the corner of the room watching us concernedly. I moved my gaze back to Alec.

He lulled his head back so he was looking up at the ceiling and closed his eyes, swallowing hard as another wave of pain hit him.

"I want to see her." Alec murmured, furrowing his brow and wincing.

"I can go get her." I told him softly and held his hand. He nodded shortly. I got up from beside him, and before I could walk away he gripped my hand, grabbing my attention. I sighed and gave him a sad smile.

"I'll be back as soon as I can, brother." I reassured him and let go of his hand. His hand fell beside him.

I glanced over to my father and expected him to protest, but all he did was nod somberly. I took that as my cue to go get Raven.

I went to the door and was about to open it, and before I could, two guards burst into the room. I recognized them as the ones that had escorted Raven back to her room.

"Your majesty-" The blonde I had known as Grigore, said exasperatedly. Father instantly cut him off.

"What is the meaning of this?" He snapped, obviously angered by their abrupt entrance.

"There is something you need to see." Grigore said seriously. I looked to my parents in confusion, but they followed him and the other guard, Lucian, out of the room without another word. I followed them out, and gave a worrisome glance at Alec, just before the doors were closed.

The three of us didn't say anything else and followed the two out of the palace. They took us to the courtyard and once they opened the door, we were faced with Alec's horse about ten feet from us, neighing frantically and stomping. He nearly doubled the height of the guard that held him by the reins.

"Diavol." I breathed and rushed over to him. I could smell his blood and I looked down to see the tears in his skin, thorns sticking to him.

I didn't mind the slight rainfall as I took Diavol from the guard and tried to calm him down. He had stopped stomping but still huffed harshly like he had been running.

"The guards saw him come from the woods with this around his neck." Grigore held out a small medicinal bag. I snatched it from him and inspected it.

I looked at it with confusion, then looked up to Grigore.

"What is it?" I asked. Lucian sighed and held out a folded note shamefully. I grabbed it from him and opened it to find Raven's handwriting inside. I read it aloud,

Morgensterns...

     By the time you find this, I'll already be gone... I have to do this. I'm the reason all of this happened and I need to make it right. Once I'm gone, the cure will find it's way to the palace. I know what DeMalo wants, and I'm willing to give up everything in place of Alec's survival. Alec won't make it if you don't get the cure to him. Please keep him away and don't let him look for me.