♱Chapter 14♱

Raven's P•O•V

It had been a week, and interaction with Alec was slim. We never spoke, we never even made eye contact. When we passed in the hall, we looked ahead and acted as if neither one of us was there. Although this was extremely agonizing, I let it be. Maybe that was best. At least that's what I had hoped to believe. The last thing I needed was to get caught up with a vampire.

Wow. That's something I never thought I'd say.

"Your food m'lady," A Romanian waiter snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up at him and smiled weakly.

"Thank you," I said gratefully as he placed my pasta in front of me.

In a house full of bloodsucking vampires, it was surprisingly easy to find a dining room. This one was smaller and designated just for the royal family. It was nothing like the main hall I had been in the night I was introduced to the kingdom.

Once he walked away, I was sucked back into my thoughts, trying to put them all together.

When I woke up for the first time here, I was mortified. And the second I recognized Alec's face as my captor's, I loathed him. He had taken me from my home, he had taken me from my job...

He had taken me from my life and stuck me in this new reality.

And to think, this all happened merely two weeks ago. I started to wonder if I even made the news in New York, which was a very slim chance. I started to wonder if my family was still searching. Knowing them, Steven would probably be the only one.

Amid all my thoughts of Alec and what had gone on in the past two weeks, I even started to wonder about DeMalo. Something about him had me feeling a bit off every time I was around him.

"Can I sit with you?" I was taken out of my thoughts again and looked up to see Piper standing there.

"Sure," I said softly and let her sit across from me.

"You don't look too satisfied with your food," She raised her eyebrows and looked at my untouched pasta.

"No, it's not that. Just a little distracted is all," I shrugged it off and pushed the pasta around with my fork absentmindedly.

"What's on your mind?" Piper asked as the waiter came up to her and placed a glass full of blood in front of her. She thanked him and sipped her drink.

"Alec," I sighed, "we aren't on the best of terms right now," I told her simply, and took a drink of my water.

"Ah, I see," Piper put her glass down, "this is about the kiss isn't it." She said ever so nonchalantly. I nearly spit out my water when I heard her say that.

"What - how-" I stuttered. Piper chuckled at me.

"Honey, Alec is my brother. Even if he hadn't told me, I would've known," She revealed with a sweet tone. I sat back in my seat and felt the weight on my chest relieve a little bit.

"He told you?" I asked in surprise.

"Why, of course! Alec and I have a very close relationship," Piper stated proudly. I couldn't help but feel a bit jealous of her still having her brother around while I did not.