♱Chapter 25♱

**Somewhat Mature Content.

Raven's P•O•V

Alec's eyes widened as he looked at me.

"Are you serious?" He asked, disbelief plain in his voice. I could tell his eyes were tinted a brighter red.

"Yes, I'm serious." I said, looking him dead in those ruby eyes of his. His face formed into one of anger. He gripped my wrist and forced it away from him.

"You're insane to think that I'd drink from you. You could die-" Alec started to argue, but I cut him off.

"I'm not going to die. You wouldn't let that happen to me." I countered, my tone serious. I believed everything he didn't at this point. I believed that he had control.

Surprisingly, Alec was quiet. I expected him to snap at me, but he just studied my eyes, trying to find some answer.

He sighed and looked away, cupping his hands behind his neck.

"You shouldn't think that." He muttered.

"But I do." I said quietly. Alec looked up at me, his eyes making him vulnerable.

"I can't Raven. I can't hurt you." He murmured. I reached out and laid my hand on his bare shoulder gently. He felt familiarly cold underneath my fingertips for a second before he grew warm.

"Alec..." I sighed, my voice soft. "You won't hurt me. I know you won't."

"You don't know that." Alec said sharply. I dropped my eyes and rested my forehead on his shoulder.

"I know that I trust you." I whispered against his skin.

Alec's P•O•V **

Her breath against my skin melted my ice cold feeling. I looked down at her coffee brown hair and let out a small sigh. I looked away from her and placed my gaze on her bathroom door.

"No one should trust a monster." I murmured, not intending to say that, but I did. Raven pulled away from my shoulder and I could feel her eyes on me. I glanced out of the corner of my eye to see her incredulous expression.

"You're not your brother." Raven retorted, tone firm. I turned to her now and studied her. She had this look of defiance about her. Strong.

The woman I chose as my Soulmate...

It was quiet for a second. I looked at her and she looked at me. We didn't need to talk.

This time I kissed her. I held her neck, my fingers lacing through her silken hair. Her lips were soft against my own. Passionate and gentle, but it was lingering on the edge of something more...

I could feel Raven's gentle touch on my chest and shoulder. I pulled away from the kiss and opened my eyes, now close enough to see every little fleck of amber in her dark brown eyes.

She breathed against my lips,

"I want you to." Her voice was barely a whisper. I looked down at her lips as she spoke. I could hear her heart pounding louder than I'd ever noticed.

I swallowed hard and brushed my thumb against her cheek. She leaned into my touch and held my hand there.

I gazed back up into her eyes and studied them for any wavering fear in them, but all I was faced with was her want and trust in me.