♱Chapter 43♱

Guys this is the last chapter before the Epilogue 😭❤️. Enjoy it my loves..

Raven's P•O•V

"You see, your dear sister over here is my Brother's Soulmate. He chose her and brought her back to Romania where she was meant to rule with him as his Bride and Queen." DeMalo started off. Steven gave a look of utter confusion and disbelief.

"What the hell do you mean, chose her?" Steven remarked, weariness in his tone although he seemed displeased by DeMalo's nonchalance.

"Well, when one of us ages twenty-one, he or she is given the opportunity to go and choose his Soulmate. The mortal man or woman they choose is the one they will wed and love for the rest of their immortal days." DeMalo sat back and sipped the bourbon casually.

Steven furrowed his brow and looked at DeMalo as if he were mad, which in my experience, I knew DeMalo to be mad.

"My brother, being heir to the throne, not only got to choose a Soulmate, but also chose your sister to be Queen when the time came." DeMalo continued. I sat with my head in my hands, thinking of all Steven has been exposed to already. It was just getting worse the more DeMalo spoke.

"Queen of what exactly?" Steven questioned.

DeMalo smirked, looking at me as I raised my head to DeMalo. I glared at him, giving him a look that screamed to shut up.

DeMalo broke his gaze from me and looked at Steven with a sick smirk.

"The kingdom of our kind, of course." He told Steven vaguely, knowing Steven would ask more. DeMalo was just dragging out the life sentence Steven would get once he found out.

"And what is your kind exactly?"

DeMalo chuckled and sipped at his bourbon, then tilted it back and gulped down the last of it. He set down the cup precisely on the table before looking up at Steven with glowing ruby red eyes.

"Can't you already guess, Mortal?" DeMalo cocked an eyebrow. When Steven didn't answer him, DeMalo appeared in front of him in a split second before hauling Steven up.

I stood quickly as DeMalo held the collar of my brother's shirt. DeMalo towered over Steven with daunting eyes. He came close to Steven's face, staring him down with blazing eyes. He laughed lowly before running his tongue over his now prominent canines that protruded out more than usual.

"Don't -" I choked out. Gripping DeMalo's stone cold bicep, I tried to yank him away, to no avail.

Steven shuddered under DeMalo's gaze and focused his wide, astounded eyes on DeMalo's fangs.

"What? Never met a Vampire before?" DeMalo murmured, watching sweat line Steven's face.

Steven looked up into DeMalo's soulless eyes and didn't seem to question DeMalo's words. He simply shook his head furiously.

"Let him go DeMalo." I growled.

"No can do, sweetheart. He's just my type." DeMalo murmured, snapping his eyes down to Steven's neck. My eyes almost bugged out of my skull as I shoved myself in between DeMalo and my brother.

Steven stumbled back onto the couch as I stood chest to chest with DeMalo's vile figure. I stared up at him with a deadly glare.