004: yellow rose

黄色いばらspring

黄色いばら
spring

The normally obnoxious shrieking of the alarm clock was drowned out by the patter of rain hitting the roof that morning. Jungkook almost missed the alarm, only having woken by the sounds of life in the other parts of his house. He got up with a sigh, stretching as he slowly got out of bed. After opening the curtains he could tell that it was indeed raining, and the noise wasn't coming from some other source. This made him sigh again. He hoped he made it to the bus this morning.

Fortunately, he did, and he ended up arriving at the flower shop relatively dry. It appeared Seokjin wasn't so lucky as he was drenched by the time he entered the store and he'd had an umbrella. The boss sighed as he shook himself down, peeling off his wet jumper and placed his umbrella in the little container beside the entrance. Just his appearance made Jungkook grateful for his own luck, because Seokjin looked incredibly cold as he walked into the back room. He didn't even notice the other male on his way past.

Taehyung arrived not long after, only a little wetter than Jungkook. His arrival confused Jungkook as the door had been unlocked when he got there, making him assume Taehyung was just in one of the other rooms or something. The fact a blue sweater Jungkook had seen Taehyung wearing lay on the stool had only strengthened this belief. But there he was, evidently not in the back room.

"Oh! That's where I left that." Taehyung said as he walked past the stool, providing an explanation for the sweater's presence. "I was looking for that all evening."

Today, Taehyung had chosen warmth over fashion ー not that what he was wearing was particularly unattractive or unfashionable. He had a large, black coat on that kept him relatively dry out in the drizzling weather. As Jungkook looked at him, he decided it was quite possibly the most masculine he'd ever looked. And then he took the outer coat off, revealing a pastel pink sweater that hugged his thin body.

"I doubt we'll have much business today." Seokjin said when he returned, his hair still damp but the rest of his body seemingly dry. He was in the process of shrugging on a thicker jumper as Taehyung folded up his blue one. "But, I guess we just have to make the most of it. I know it's a pain with the weather and all but would you guys be able to run some errands? We need some bouquets and plants delivered and other things picked up. Like a new watering can."

Taehyung gulped uneasily, mainly because he was the reason they needed a new one. It was a complete accident, of course, but their old one broke after he dropped it a few days back. They had a back up one, but it was starting to show its age and it would be safer just to get a new one.

"I can get the watering can." The guilty man said. "And I'll drop off some of the things that are along the way."

"I'll do the other ones."

"Thanks guys. I mean, I know it's your job and all but I feel bad sending you out in this weather." Seokjin sighed as he looked out the window, patting his two employees on the shoulders. "Well, I have paperwork to do. Enjoy your runs."