013: aster

紫苑summer

紫苑
summer

Jungkook was nervous about going to work that morning. Summer had started and his grandmother had left on her trip with the strict instructions that he was to help his father with the restaurant and get some experience. He was allowed to continue working at the flower shop, but until she returned the family business took priority. He wasn't sure how he was going to broach the subject and ask for the time off. All the scenarios he'd thought over only made him feel guilty or nauseous.

He arrived at the shop first, unlocking the building and taking his usual spot at the counter. Pulling out his phone, he tried to distract himself from his nerves by playing some games. His fingers rapidly tapped the screen as he began playing Piano Tiles. The game was able to provide him with something to divert his focus on, as he tried to beat his high score. He barely even looked up when Taehyung arrived and took his place beside the younger. It was only when he recognised the tune that he looked up, accidentally hitting the wrong tile in the process and losing when he was so close to beating his high score.

"You were humming Big Bang." He said, and the older male stopped. He turned his head slowly, his widening in confusion.

"Yeah... Is that a bad thing? Should I be worried?" The younger shook his head, placing his phone back in his pocket.

"No, I don't think so."

"Good, 'cause I thought you were going to, like ― I dunno ― attack me or something for humming it." Their conversation was cut short as Seokjin entered with a flourish, the little bell signalling his entrance. He pulled his sunglasses off, folding them up and placing them on the top of his basket.

"I hope you're all hungry because I have food." He said, joining the pair. He placed the basket down on the counter and pulled the blanket back. This time there were muffins, resting side by side. "I stopped by Namjoon's place on the way―"

"Just for something new." The lilac-haired florist butted in, earning a mild glare from his cousin.

"Anyway, I was there and he gave me these." Seokjin picked one of them, peeling the wrapped back from the side before biting into it. The other two soon followed, enjoying their morning tea in the peaceful quiet of the florist. The sun was already shining through the window, filling the room with its warm and lighting up the flowers. When they finished eating, Seokjin spoke up again. "So, Namjoon and I have been discussing it and we've decided we're going to go on a holiday together for a week or two. We're going to go stay at one of his family's resorts."

The youngest florist began choking on his muffin after an ill-timed, sharp intake of breath. Through his coughing and the hitting of his chest (by him) and the hitting of his back (Taehyung), he spoke, "One of? You mean he has more than one?"