020: sunflowers

向日葵summer

向日葵
summer

"Yeah, I'm out of ideas." Seokjin admitted when the group gathered the next Monday. The younger pair had expected there to be a new way to promote the store ー they'd spent the entire walk from Taehyung's house discussing what it could be ー and they both felt a mix emotions. While the conversation had been fun, Jungkook was glad that some of them no longer had any possibility of happening. And he was glad the bear suit wasn't coming back.

"Except," Seokjin continued with a smile that could only mean trouble for one or both of his employees. The only thing going through Jungkook's head as he awaited the exception was, oh god. "I do have one final thing, as a celebration for surviving through all my jobs. Today, things'll go back to normal but I also need you to run a few jobs for tomorrow, which will be when we'll do the thing I've thought up."

"What is the thing?" Taehyung asked.

"Just a little barbeque. I'll need you to get some food for it: just some sausages and onions'll do, I'll get the sauces. Namjoon said he'll supply the actual barbeque and help outー"

"We get to meet Namjoon?!" Taehyung exclaimed, cutting his cousin off. His eyes were wide and a smile was forming on his sleeps. Jungkook hadn't realised this was so exciting.

"Yes, but I was speakingー"

"Jungkook, we get to meet Namjoon!" The pink-haired florist cut in again, turning to the younger. Seokjin's jaw visibly clenched.

"Taehyung. Talking."

"Yeah, yeah, Jin. But we get to meet Namjoon, do you know how exciting this is? I've heard so much about him but never got to meet him. I finally get to meet my future cousin-in-law." He then stood there, grinning widely. The older florist didn't say anything at first, just in case Taehyung decided he wanted to point out how exciting this was again.

"Can I continue?" The younger nodded. "Good. So, Taehyung, I need you to go to the butcher's and―"

"I can get the meat." The interruption now came from Jungkook, someone Seokjin wouldn't have expected to interrupt. But, at least, the boy had piped up with something useful. "I know a place with good meat ― that place I was telling you about. I can go there and get some."

"Alright, you do that then. Taehyung, you can stay here and run the shop then. Sound good?" Everyone nodded, and the boss clapped his hands together. "Alright, then you can go to work."

"Yes, sir, Mr Boss Man." Taehyung said, saluting his boss. His cousin frowned at him.

"Boss Man? You're an idiot..."

ーー*ーー

"Min's Meat." Jungkook muttered under his breath as he approached the butcher's. He wondered if it was meant to be a double entendre; he figured it probably was. He entered the shop, instantly hit by a wave of cold air. It was like a fridge in the butcher's, a contrast to the sweltering heat outside. As he approached the counter, the brunette could see goosebumps appearing on his bare arms.