016: pansies

パンジーsummer

パンジー
summer

Jimin and Jungkook lay on the floor of the older's bedroom, holding miniature fans in front of their flushed faces. The younger had his eyes shut, lacking the energy to keep them open.

"How's the shop?" Jimin asked. He licked his dry lips, wishing his drink bottle was within arm's length. It was a few metres away, but those metres were too far for him to try and reach. Instead he would just have to suffer.

"It's alright. We've started doing promotions now, so I have to dance around in a bear suit." This made the the older laugh ー a choked, croaky sound that bubbled up inside a dry throat. He was really starting to consider moving to grab his drink.

"I bet you look like an idiot." He said as he slowly rolled over. He lay on his stomach for a few moments before rolling again. His drink bottle now lay next to him. The water inside wasn't as cold as it could be, but it still brought relief to his parched mouth and throat. After he'd rehydrated, he grabbed his fan and returned to trying to keep himself cool. In this time, Jungkook had gotten warmer and pulled his shirt off. It now lay in a heap at the bottom of the older's bed.

"I think I probably look like a sexy idiot. The bear suit was cute." The younger responded. He then breathed in deeply, drawing Jimin's attention to his bare chest. The older had always worried about his friend; his old, almost obsessive habits of spending most of his free time in the gym had made Jimin worry that he might turn into one of the those massive bodybuilder-type people. Not that the male cared that much about what his friend looked like ー but Jungkook had been a tiny little thing when in high school and the older had always found it endearing. Just the sight of him would make him want to tightly hug him. Then as they grew up skinship, especially with another male, began to repel the boy.

But things to be better now. Jungkook was spending more time at the flower shop and less time at the gym. His 'my body is a temple' mindset seemed to have gone too. So Jimin was grateful for the shop and florists that worked there, and the overpowered his jealousy.

"Does Taehyung have to wear a bear suit too?" The younger shook his head.

"He spent the day running around town, handing out little arrangements. He complained when he got back about how hot and tiring it was, but then he started going on about some boys he'd chatted with so it mustn't have been too bad. Apparently they were cute, and thought he was a girl."

"Is he gay or...?"

"Yeah, he's a pansy." Jungkook chuckled. "Pun intended."

"You're an idiot." Jimin said in response to the boy's joke. He rolled his eyes, although a smile was still present in his lips.