023: blossoms

花開くautumn

花開く
autumn

"Where are you taking me, Taehyung?" Jungkook asked as he allowed the older male to lead him. He couldn't see anything, having been blindfolded by Taehyung almost as soon as he walked into the shop. He'd struggled at first, thinking it was more than just his co-worker wanting to surprise the younger for God knows what reason; then, over the top of the brunette's own shouts, Taehyung explained what was going on. Although most of that was just: "Jungkook, stop! It's me, Taehyungow, why are you hitting me? I'm not trying to hurt you!"

Once the male had calmed down, the older one explained that he had a surprise, that he'd borrowed the blindfold from Seokjin and that he was going to take Jungkook to wherever the surprise was.

"I spent all day preparing this; Seokjin helped." Taehyung explained, completely ignoring the younger's question. He came to halt, almost causing the other to trip. "I think I might need to carry you..."

"Why?"

"Well we have to go up a hill. If you trip because you can't see, then you'll bring me down with you."

"But if you trip while carrying me then we'll both fall. Why don't you just let me take this blindfold off..."

"Nope. We'll just keep walking then." Taehyung said, holding tightly onto the younger's hand as he led him up the incline. Their progress slowed as they made their way carefully up it, not wanting to trip and fall. After a few minutes, they'd finally made it to the top and Taehyung got Jungkook to stop. He came around behind him, untying the blindfold and pulling it off.

They were on the top of a hill ー this was clarified when Jungkook looked around. The thing the rose-haired male had been preparing was a picnic: the blanket was stretched out across a flat surface at the top of the hill, a basket placed in the centre surrounded by numerous cushions. There was also another folded up sheet, so the younger could only assume this picnic was going to last a little while.

"What's this for?" Jungkook asked, frowning at his friend, who was now setting out the cushions.

"Your employee record has your birthday on it ー you can't fool me, Jeon Jungkook." The effeminate male responded, patting the space beside him. "I wanted to give you a surprise birthday present; a picnic seemed like it'd work."

"You didn't have to..."

"No, I didn't. But I wanted to." Jungkook took a seat beside the older male, resting against the pile of cushions. Taehyung continued to set everything up, opening up the picnic basket and pulling everything out. He'd certainly prepared a lot of food ー biscuits, fruit, meat and rice, sandwiches ー as well as some bottled drinks that the younger couldn't recognise but could label as alcoholic. "What do you want to start with?"

"Uh... I don't know." The younger shrugged, feeling a bit spoilt for choice. This didn't seem to bother the older male, who just opened the container of meat and rice first. He shuffled closer to Jungkook, picking up a mouthful of the food with his chopsticks and held it out to him. It took the brunette a few moments to realise that Taehyung was trying to feed him, and he hesitantly allowed him to do so.