030: zephyr flower

ゼフィランサスautumn

ゼフィランサス
autumn

Seokjin sat at the counter of his shop, watching his two employees wander around the store. While he couldn't fault the fact they were both more productive than ever, he couldn't handle the heavy atmosphere that hung over the place. Neither had spoken a word to the other, outside of business exchanges, and interacted with each other as little as possible. Occasionally, Taehyung would cast wistful glances at the younger, or vice versa, but he'd quickly look away if he thought he was being watched.

When Jungkook left for his lunch break, Seokjin decided to get some answers from his cousin. He was met with a heavy sigh when he asked, signalling that this was going to be one hell of a story. To Taehyung, at least. So the older male got comfortable, although he tried to make sure he still looked like he was listening intently ― the younger would get upset if he was doing anything but.

"The other day Jungkook told me he was scared of being gay and worried about how people might think if he is and that it's not right to be gay." Taehyung said, scratching his finger across a scratch on the counter. He frowned at it like it was the cause of all these problems, like it had some sort of blame. "And now I'm just hurt because does that make everything about my very being wrong as well? And is it wrong for me to love him so much it hurts? Because I sure as hell don't feel wrong. I tried acting normal around him but I just kept thinking about that and getting worried that he might be secretly judging me."

"So you've been avoiding him instead?" The pink-haired male nodded, which made Seokjin sigh and run his fingers through his hair. "Ay yai yai, I never thought floristry would have so much drama. First he's avoiding you, then you're avoiding him."

"Well I didn't ask for this." Taehyung retorted. "I don't particularly like all this drama in my life."

"I'm not saying you do just..." The older male sighed, this was even starting to frustrate him. All he wanted was for his cousin to be happy ― and right now it didn't seem like that was going to happen. "Gosh, I can't even use the workplace issue against you two because you're both working better than normal. Just figure it out."

ーー*ーー

Another evening came and Jungkook sat at the table with his family, eating his dinner. It was hard to stomach most of his food, too much turmoil shaking his up. All he could think about was Taehyung and his feelings and his parents' and grandmother's feelings ー it was combining to create a rather unpleasant experience. It wasn't that dissimilar a feeling to the one he'd felt months ago, when he'd thrown up at the flower shop. This worried him; he didn't want to be sick again.

"Hey, Grandma," Jungkook, rather awkwardly, asked the older woman at the head of the table. The curiosity was getting a bit to much; the countless what if's rushing through his head, to the point where it was hard to think of anything but. He looked at her, before he realised he didn't have the confidence to maintain that sort of eye contact and dropped his gaze. "What would happen if, like ― hypothetically speaking, of course ― I, um... I―"