026: yellow tulip

チューリップautumn

チューリップ
autumn

It was quiet when Jungkook entered the flower shop, almost too quiet. It unnerved him as he walked through it -- every noise he made seemed too loud in comparison. The door seemed to slam and echo (even though it was no louder than normal), he ended up tip-toeing just to lessen the noise.

The door was unlocked, so where was everyone? Unless they forgot to close it last night... But that couldn't be right, because Jungkook distinctly remembered Seokjin locking up. Which returned him back to the original question: where the heck were they?

His questions were soon answered by whispering, hushed voices carrying over the silence of the shop. Jungkook didn't want to interrupt whatever secret conversation was happening out back, so he continued to tip-toe. There was no sign they'd heard him yet; the whispering continued.

The younger male did his best not to eavesdrop ― he sat there, preoccupying himself with his phone, trying not to listen. But his ears couldn't help but pick up snippets, his mind stringing them together to create sentences. Eventually he couldn't even focus on his phone and decided to just turn it off, placing it down as he stared off blankly into space. With his attention no longer divided, the voices (frustratingly, for his conscience) seemed to get louder.

"I don't know what to do, Jin." He made out, identifying the voice as Taehyung's. It was pretty easy to identify his voice, especially after spending so much time with him. "You're smart; what would you do?"

"Tell him." Seokjin responded. From the frustrated huff that came from the younger of the pair, this clearly didn't satisfy Taehyung. "No, seriously, if it's bothering you that much maybe you should just get it out there. At least then you two can figure things out between you."

"But you don't understand, Jin. He's straight―"

"So you've told me." Jungkook was really starting to wonder who this mysterious third party was. "And you've made advances on plenty of straight guys. You even got one to sleep with you, on more than one occasion, remember?"

"Yeah, but it's not the same. None of them were Jungkook, and he's something different."

"You've told me that too." Jungkook froze ― quite literally, his body just stiffened and he found himself unable to move. His brain was slowly comprehending the topic of the conversation and repeatedly shouting the phrase "HE LIKES YOU" in a manner that was seriously making his heart race. And not in the nice, romantic way but in the painful, hard-to-breathe way.

"Thinking about him is hurting my chest. Is this what love feels like?" Taehyung continued on, sounding mildly over-dramatic. But that tone was lost on the youngest florist. He just sat there, unable to stop continuing to listen in even though he really didn't want to. It was like being unable to look away from a horror movie. "I really think this is love, Jin."