018: lilies

百合summer

百合
summer

"A pool party?" Jungkook asked as he looked up at Taehyung, who had been telling the younger all about his evening's plan. He then finished up by inviting the brunette to the party he was planning to hold ― giving it was a Friday and they had the weekend off. Apparently the older florist had lots of friends; at least based off what he said, Jungkook assumed he did. Only someone with a decent amount of friends could hold a party of the proportions Taehyung had described ― the younger male couldn't have held one.

"Yeah, it'll be fun. Plus it's Summer. What sort of Summer doesn't have a pool party?"

All of his previous ones, Jungkook wanted to say. He wanted to tell his rose-haired friend that he'd never been to a pool party in his life (unless you included Jimin's seventh birthday party, which had a small inflatable pool at it), and he was perfectly fine with that. But he didn't. Instead he simply said, "I don't know."

"Exactly! You should come tonight― oh! You could sleep over!" This idea seemed to increase the older male's excitement, as he gripped Jungkook's hand tightly and started shaking it. What this achieved, the younger wasn't quite sure. "After everyone leaves, you could stay the night. Or, if no one leaves 'til the following morning, then you can stay the day and laze away your hangover at my house. And then you can stay the night."

"Uh..."

"C'mon, Jungkook, you gotta! It'll be fun."

"Well, I don't know... I'd have to talk to Mum."

"Jungkook," Taehyung whined, "You're a grown man; you don't need to go to your mum for these things. Just stay the night, please."

"Well, alright... I guess." The small pout that had been forming disappeared from the florist's lips, being replaced by a large grin. It made the younger feel slightly better about his decision.

"Good. We can go by your place tonight to get some clothes and I can help you get ready for the party―"

"Get ready?" This sounded like it was probably going to take more effort than the younger was originally going to put in.

"Yeah, y'know, gotta make you look good for the ladies. Make sure the swimmers you wear aren't too conservative." Taehyung grinned and nudged the brunette playfully with his shoulder. "I'll make sure to invite some that I think are worthy of you."

"Oh, you don't have to do that..."

"Of course I do! I want everyone to have fun tonight... Safely, of course, but it needs to be fun. And you especially." The older jabbed the younger in the chest. "As my best friend, you've definitely got to be having fun. Otherwise I've failed."

Jungkook's eyes widened, "Best friend?" Taehyung had said it so casually that Jungkook almost missed it. He didn't even know what he'd done to deserve a title like that ― they hadn't discussed anything like this. Were they supposed to discuss these things?