009: geraniums

天竺葵spring

天竺葵
spring

Taehyung's bouquet was accepted by Hyejin ― something that both pleased Jungkook and added to his feelings of inadequacy. It hadn't been his bouquet suggestion that had been chosen; he'd merely approved an idea put forward to him. But, it seemed to at least satisfy Hyejin and lessened some of the stress that was being put on the younger florist. Now all he had to do was get the flowers for the wedding day and make sure nothing went wrong with them. Seokjin and Taehyung seemed to be doing the same thing, so the shop returned to running normally in the interim.

"So, the date with Namjoon was a success." Seokjin told them as they gathered in the store one morning, giving a name to the mystery baker. This news seemed to excite Taehyung, who began jumping around and congratulating the older ― going on about how soon they'd need to be organising the flowers for the blonde male's own wedding.

"Y-Yeah, con-congratulations." The youngest mumbled, smiling awkwardly at the other male.

"Thanks. But, we're going to go on another date tonight. At his place."
"Ooh, you know what that means?" The gesture that followed Taehyung's question left little confusion as to what that meant. His gesture made the other two turn bright red, and he chuckled as he watched them. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Namjoon seems like the sort of dude to wait a bit first; he's probably not going to do you on the second date... Even if the second date is technically the one hundred and second."

"Hey, who said he'd be doing me?" Seokjin exclaimed, seeming rather offended about the order of the pronouns. This all confused the youngest, who wasn't entirely sure what they were going on about now. He'd gotten distracted when he'd seen a customer contemplate entering ― she seemed to change her mind after making eye contact with Jungkook.

"I did, just then." The effeminate male responded blankly, his tone a matter of fact. "Besides, you seem like a total uke ― only an uke would still have a Disney princess doona cover and a bed full of Mario teddies."

"U-Uke?" Jungkook was almost afraid to ask. His question seemed to be ignored as Seokjin tried to defend himself.

"Just because I have all of those things doesn't mean I can't be a seme. I'll have you know that in all the relationships I've been in, I've been the seme."

"What, your one relationship with waifu?"

"Seme? Waifu?" The youngest florist was only growing more and more confused by the second.

"No, I don't have a waifu. And I'll have you know I've been in more than one relationship; I'm more experienced than you."

Taehyung scoffed, "Doubt it. Before I entered your life, you were a moping loner―"

"When you entered my life, my boyfriend had just broken up with me! Of course I was moping and feeling like a loner."

"But what's an uke? Are you guys in a cult?" Jungkook asked as he watched the other two. Finally, his questions were acknowledged.

"No, we're not. An uke is basically the submissive one in a relationship, while the seme is the dominant one. Basically who tops and who bottoms." A slow inkling of understanding was begin to trickle into Jungkook's mind and he was beginning to realise that, yes, he should have been afraid to ask. "You know, like in gay he―"

Taehyung was quickly cut off by the younger's hand pressing against his mouth, stopping him from producing anything more than muffled noises. He poked his tongue out, licking the palm of Jungkook's hand.

"Ew, that's gross!" Jungkook exclaimed as he withdrew his hand, wiping it down Taehyung's sweater. "Why would you do that?"

"To get rid of your hand, which was covering my mouth."

"You could've just... You know what, never mind." A customer finally entered the store. "I'm just going to help this lady, you guys can keep discussing your... gay stuff."

――*――

There was a quiet day on Sunday ― Seokjin couldn't come in because he was going on another date with his not-quite-boyfriend Namjoon at one of the Spring festivals that was going on. Most of their customers were probably there as well, meaning it was just Taehyung and Jungkook. They'd played truth or dare again, but that had become boring and now they seemed to have nothing to do.

The older male conjured a packet of chocolates from his jacket pocket. He opened them, offering some to the younger. Jungkook shook his head and declined, not really feeling in the mood for chocolates. He didn't often feel in the mood for the sweets though. This didn't seem to faze Taehyung, however, and he just ate the chocolates by himself. As he did, he began to hum. It didn't take the younger male to recognise the song ― he'd listened to it enough times to be able to recognise it in all its forms, even as the quiet hums coming from the older.

"You like Kisum?" Jungkook asked, making the older stop humming abruptly. He looked at Jungkook blankly, evidently not realising he'd been humming. He then nodded.

"Yeah... Do you?" Now the brunette nodded, making the older smile widely. "That's so cool! What's your favourite song?"

"The one you were humming ― Ocktabang." This statement seemed to make the older male even happier, as his smile grew into the rectangular one and his eyes closed to creases again. Even the younger's smile grew, Taehyung's must have been infectious.
"I'm amazed you could even recognise it with my terrible humming. What other groups do you like?"

"Uh... Well, I really like G-Dragon. Like, I'd let him kiss me and not freak out― oh! He's the one guy I'd have sex with." Jungkook nodded, seeming rather proud of his explanation of how much he idolised the man. Taehyung just smiled, amused by this. "But yeah, BigBang is a group I like a lot."

"I mean, I'd let G-Dragon have sex with me, but I feel like that's a bigger feat for you than me." He shrugged.

"Probably. I dunno, do you get around much?"

"I don't think so. I mean, I haven't had sex in a while and I'm usually faithful to the one partner―"

"Usually?"

"Well sometimes experimentation can improve a relationship." Taehyung's nonchalant shrug and casual tone surprised the younger. He couldn't even imagine talking about something like this without turning as red as a tomato ― listening to Taehyung talk about it was causing a light blush to spread across his face. But there Taehyung was, discussing his past sex life as though he was telling Jungkook about how adding a little bit of salt to something might improve its taste.

This man was a constant enigma to the younger.