027: buttercup

ウマノアシガタautumn

ウマノアシガタ
autumn

This was clearly a situation requiring more than one opinion -- or at least that's what Jungkook thought. He felt that he should probably ask someone that isn't his mother, and went to the next person he felt mildly comfortable speaking to: Jimin. But, with Jimin came Hoseok and the younger male soon found himself getting lunch at the dancer's apartment as his friend tried to find out what the matter was.

Hoseok made good sandwiches, the brunette found as he focused all his attention on the food and avoiding the topic he really needed help on. The older pair watched him, waiting for him to speak. Time, they figured, was what he needed right now.

"So how's work at the flower shop been going?" Jimin asked, trying to fill in the space. He was done with waiting silently, to some degree. Even if the younger wasn't going to say exactly why he was here, they weren't going to sit in an awkward silence til they'd all finished lunch and drinks. However, he soon realised that his choice of topic might not have been the best. He guessed this from the way Jungkook immediately tensed, his fingers freezing mid-tear of the crust of the bread. Curiosity immediately perked, but Jimin had to stop himself from prying the information from his friend. He had to be patient ― Jungkook would tell him eventually... Hopefully.

"It's been like it always has." Jungkook responds, lifting a piece of crust to his lips. He chews on this for a few moments, still not looking up at the older pair. Hoseok decided to get up and make them all coffees, also hoping that maybe his absence might make the younger more likely to open up. He figured they weren't the closest of friends yet, whereas Jungkook and Jimin were like brothers; if anyone was going to find out what was wrong, it was going to be Jimin. So he left, grateful the kitchen was still within earshot.

"That's good, right?" Jungkook shrugged. "Is normal not good?"

"It is good, but it's not completely normal." The brunette ate another piece of his sandwich. "I mean, it should be. But it's not."

"Why?"

"I overhead something I shouldn't've." Jimin's curiosity was really itching now, as Jungkook continued to tease him with these snippets that seemed to just avoid mentioning the details of exactly what had happened. "I didn't mean to, I just arrived to work and Taehyung and Seokjin were talking in the backroom. I tried playing my game and distracting myself but it didn't work ― god damn Taehyung's loud voice."

"What'd you hear...?" Jimin asked cautiously, trying to draw out the information. He suppressed a sigh as he watched the younger shove the rest of his sandwich in his mouth, successfully rendering himself unable to speak as he ate it. The older male could tell he was purposefully eating slowly; Jimin had seen the brunette eat before and, boy, could he stuff his face when he wanted to. There'd been a time when Jimin had tried to convince him to compete in the eating competitions, but Jungkook had been too worried about losing his masculine physique back then and refused to touch anything that might cause him to put on weight.