033: bonus chapter [finale]

[note: some people wanted a sequel and i wanted to write a 50/100K special when it & if it came round (ended up being 50K because i'm impatient), so here is your update on where the dudes are all at a bit over a year later]

白いカーネーション
(white carnations)
spring

Jungkook didn't get letters often. All his friends communicated with him electronically and most official letters went straight to the elder's of the house. So it was a surprise when he opened the letter box and found the top one addressed to him. A burst of curious excitement bubbled up inside the brunette as he hurried back inside, eager to hand the other letters over so he could open his own. Once in the kitchen, he dumped the letters on the bench and continued into the living room. With hands now free, Jungkook carefully—but eagerly—opened the envelope and pulled out the card inside.

You are cordially invited to the joining of Jin and Joon in holy matrimony.

The trainee chef hadn't thought his smile could get any wider, but after reading the card it proved him wrong. He continued reading, growing more and more pleased with this news. He was also touched they'd invited him, after months of no contact. Initially, the brunette had tried to keep in contact with his ex-boss to get updates—but never Taehyung, that hurt too much—but eventually they just grew out of touch. A busy season hit both the flower shop and restaurant and both were too distracted to remember to message one another.

Reading further, Jungkook discovered that the wedding would be taking place overseas. This, he figured, would be due to the current marriage laws in Korea. The invitation informed him that they would pay for a ticket, if he couldn't, but the brunette couldn't accept that. For the next couple of weeks, he would be working extra to save up; he was probably going to have to work extra even after, and borrow some money from his parents.

"What's that, Jungkook?" Looking up, the younger male saw his mother standing at the doorway. She entered, sitting down beside him on the couch.

"You remember Jin, right? My old boss?" The older woman nodded, fond smile on her lips. "Well, he's getting married. And I'm invited—this is my invitation. See." He handed the card over to Mrs Jeon so she could read it; skimming through, she read it much quicker than he did.

"It's overseas..." She commented, glancing back up at her son. This provided him an opportunity to mention working overtime, but she continued before he could even intake a breath, "Your father and I will pay. I've got some money stored away."

"But–" Mrs Jeon shook her head.

"Let us do this for you, Jungkook. We barely spend our money anyway, let it be put to some good use." Without any warning, Jungkook tacked his mother and pulled her into a tight hug. After she stabilised herself, she chuckled softly and returned the hug. "You're paying for the suit though. And you'll have to buy them a nice present."