022: rosebuds

薔薇のつぼみsummer

薔薇のつぼみ
summer

"We need to half the group." Seokjin said as the group gathered outside the shop. Immediately, everyone split up ― Taehyung and Jungkook shuffling closer to their boss while Hoseok and Jimin moved closer to Namjoon. Yoongi just stood there, looking at the two groups before frowning slightly.

"I can't cut myself in half..." He informed them rather adamantly.

"You can come with us; we don't expect you to cut yourself in half." The eldest florist offered. The butcher seemed to consider this for a few seconds before deciding he was okay with that. He then moved to beside Jungkook, resting his hand on the younger's shoulder. While it was meant to be a casual gesture (an unconscious one, too), the brunette found himself focusing a bit too much on the pressure on his shoulder. He could feel Yoongi's finger tip squeezing slightly into the little dent, the warmth of his hand radiating into his shoulder. Taehyung also noticed this gesture and subtly adjusted his position, his own hand brushing against the younger's.

"If that's sorted, then we should probably head off." Namjoon said, glancing at his watch. Seokjin nodded in agreement and pulled his car keys from his pocket. The two groups parted with barely any farewells and the small car drive began.

"We should sing road trip songs." Yoongi said after a few minutes of driving, his voice piping up from the back seat. The younger pair, who were in the middle row, turned around to frown at the butcher. Yoongi simply shrugged, not seeing what the problem was with his suggestion. "C'mon, what's a car drive without some car drive songs."

"Let's not."

Yoongi ignored them, "When I'm on the road~! I see stuff going by~!"

"Shut up or I stop the car now." Seokjin threatened.

"When I'm on the road~!"

"I mean it."

"I got a bug in my eye~!"

"Don't make me stop the car, Min Yoongi." This shut the younger male up.

"Okay, Seokjin." Silence fell over the car and they continued on this way, until a quiet voice once again crept up from the back, "Road, road, road, road; let's all si-ing the road song, I wanna sing it all day lo-ong~! Let's all si-ing, the road song; let's all si-ing alo-ong~!"

And then the car slammed to a halt.

"Sorry we're late, there was a... delay." Seokjin said when they finally arrived at the resort, before shooting a glare at the quiet butcher who was following behind him. The state of Yoongi caused some confused frowns given he seemed to have tape across his mouth and his wrists were tied together with rope. Most of them, like the younger pair had been wondering at the time, were curious as to why the older florist had these things in his car.