Chapter 1 -

"How did the council meeting go, Captain?" Gideon, the interface on the Wave Rider, asked.
"Exactly as expected, Gideon" The Captain of the Wave Rider, Rip Hunter answered.
"So are we proceeding?" Gideon asked
"Indeed" Rip said "Prepare the Wave Rider for takeoff. Set a course"
"East London, January 2016" Rip ordered
"Ah, the early second millennium A.D. The golden age of gasoline engines, online pornography, and those silly little smartphones, what are we go to retrieve, Captain?" Gideon asked
"Oh, not what. Who" Rip said "I need you to pull up some files, Gideon. The nine men and women who'll be joining us on our little crusade"
"You usually prefer to work alone, Captain" Gideon said.
"This time, I'll need a team." He said before piloting the Wave Rider into the time stream.
"First recruit, Miss Eliza Johnson. Also known as Earthquake." Rip said
"Is family attachment a good idea, Captain?" Gideon asked.
"She's my niece, and will be an asset to the team" Rip insisted as he landed and walked out of the ship.
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
[Eliza Johnson's POV]
I rounded a corner of a building to find myself in front of the Thames. I was trying to shake off a tail that has been following me since this morning. Now I was lost.
If my uncle hadn't left me in 2011 5 years ago, I wouldn't be in this mess. Speaking of my uncle, he was standing right behind me.
"5 years, you've left me in the 21st century, any explanation?" I asked.
"I will explain everything, just not yet" My uncle promised before he flashed something in my eyes.
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
I woke up in between an old guy with glasses and a familiar face with an ice gun.
"Hey Snart, long time no see" I said as I stretched out my neck muscles.
"Speak for yourself, Quake" Snart said coldly before offering me a hand. I took it and stood up. "Stein, what the hell are you doing here?"
"I'm as ignorant as you, for once" The old man next to me said.
"Where are we?" A woman with blonde hair.
"Why don't you ask the dude who knocked us out and kidnapped us" the guy next to a man and woman in stretchy suits. "British dude with a flashy thing. Ring any bells?" He said.
"The name's Rip Hunter. I'm from East London, oh and the future" My uncle said.
"Nice to meet you, Rip" Mic said before he reached down for his fire gun.
"Uh, while you were incapacitated, I may have tampered with your weapons" Rip said. "I've assembled you all here because I need your help"
"The future of the world is in peril because of a man by the name of Vandal Savage." He said.
Before my Uncle could say anything else I interrupted him.
"Despite the fact that I am severely pissed off with you, I'll come with you" I said hinting that I didn't need the speech.
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

A/N: Thanks for reading the first chapter, I know it's a little slow going but it should get better as the story progresses. The video is the trailer and the picture is Eliza Johnson.

Winter Is Coming,

TheDarkAvenger.