Chapter 20 - Cowboys and Time Pirates

[Eliza Johnson's POV]

I glared at the man that threw Jax into the tent next to me with his hands bound. After we went to flush out Stillwater and his gang, they ambushed us and had managed to a hold of Jax. I was caught a little later trying to sneak back inside the camp for a rescue attempt. Thanks for that attempt at heroism I got a few suspected bruised ribs, a cut running down from my hairline to just above my eyebrow and a killer headache along with a sprained ankle.

"Rip has a plan, right?" Jax asked me as he sat up and leant against the tent wall.

"In the time that I've known him, he usually does in these types of situations" I answered.

"Didn't he abandon you in 2011 to run around with Snart and Rory and then get powers from a particle accelerator?" Jax questioned

"Well yes, but he had his reasons" I countered. I wasn't defending my uncle, not even close. He's still a douchebag for abandoning me in 2011 without telling me any reason at the time, but he wanted to protect the rest of his family from Vandal Savage.

Suddenly three men walked into the tent. The two men behind the third seemed to be cowering slightly. I did kind of hand their ass's to them before I got rushed by the rest of the camp.

"We're making a trade. You two for Stillwater, let's go" The first guy said. Before Jax or I could say anything we were roughly pulled to our feet. I muttered a few swear words as I put weight on my sprained ankle. Jax and I were made to get onto a horse at gunpoint and then we set off for the town.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Everyone stood out in the centre of the town; thankfully the gang had kept their word and untied us as soon as my Uncle had shot down Stillwater in a duel. I limped back to the Legends with Jax.

"Did you just shoot someone for us?" Jax asked Rip in surprise.

"You're welcome" Rip said

"I don't think we're done here yet" Sara spoke up whilst looking towards the entrance to the town. What appeared to be 3-time pirates walking towards us from the town entrance.

"I think you'll find this more effective than your current sidearm" Rip said, giving Hex his futuristic revolver. "Yes, I will be wanting that back by the way. And you'll be needing this" he said as he gave Ray his A.T.O.M suit.

"What about revealing our future tech to the locals?" Ray asked. 

"Doesn't seem to bother them?" Stein said as he and Jax paired up for FIRESTORM mode. Rip passed me my gauntlets with strict instructions not to damage any buildings. 

"What about our guns?!" Snart asked whilst shooting at the time pirates.

"Sorry, grabbed what I could" Rip answered.

"So you could grab her gauntlets but not our guns" Mick questioned angrily.

"My gauntlets can be folded for easier storage," I said as I backed up a bit to avoid being shot at. 

I activated my vibrations and then slammed my hands down on the dirt beneath me. The two offending pirates went skyrocketing up a bit before landing in a heap where they once stood. However one of them was very quick in recovering. He stood up and pulled his colleague up with him, that's when Sara, Kendra and Ray stepped in to finish them off

"You fool. The time masters have initiated Omega protocol. The pilgrim's coming for you Chronos. Your deaths are just a matter of time" One of the time pirates said before he bled out from the sword that Mick had stabbed him with 

I only heard stories of the Pilgrim. The cases I had worked on with the time masters before Savage's rise to power and the short time after had never been serious enough to get the Pilgrim in. I heard they killed the target in their past so they slowly but surely cease to exist in the present. 

"Let's finish up here and then get back to the ship," My uncle said before going to talk to Hex. I walked over to Ray and nudged him gently. He seemed to be deep in thought

"You going to miss being sheriff?" I asked him. 

"I guess, but we got more important stuff to deal with" Ray answered longingly. 

"Yeah, the mission comes first, tell me about it," I said, patting Ray on the back before heading back to the ship. 

When this was all over and savage was defeated, I needed to have a good word with my uncle about what he did back in 2011.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

A/N: I am so sorry about not updating for over a year. I really thought it was less than that, but not according to Wattpad. I have ideas but I have problems writing them down in a style that readers find interesting. I tried to keep it as close to the episode as possible. I'll make a soundtrack video for the next chapter maybe. And maybe I can get the next chapter done and published before the start of the new Academic year? I got my third year of Uni starting in October, so I probably won't be updating anything when it gets to that point.

If you are waiting for an update for my other books, feel free to message me on this chapter or private message me about which book you will like to see updated and I will try and work on it. I now work on comments so if for example a few people are asking for my seven and the avengers book 2 to be published then I will do it as opposed to, for example, updating one of my less popular books and then no one reads it.

Winter Is Coming,

DarkAvenger