Chapter 2 -

[Eliza Johnson's POV]
"Never thought you two would turn up" I said to Snart and Mic as they walked up to me.
"He talked me into this" Mic said
"Did you tell him about going back to when the world didn't have security cameras?" I asked. Snart gave me a confused look. "You're predictable" I told him.
"I think we're being punked" Ray Palmer said said as he got out of his car.
"Do people still say punked?"I asked.
"No" Sara Lance said quickly
"I see your buddy threw himself a going away party" Mick said gesturing to Jax who was unconscious in Stein's car.
"Yes I believe he drank something that didn't quite agree with him" Stein insisted.
"You don't look too happy to be here" Snart noted to Kendra
"Perceptive" Kendra said. I guess she didn't want to be here but Carter won the agreement.
"Well, I see you've all decided to come. Well then, we can be on our way" Rip said.
"I ain't footing it anywhere" Snart insisted
"A time master's sacred charge is to do no harm to the timeline."Rip said "Can you imagine what a time ship would look like in, say, Victorian England?" He asked.
"Holographic indigenous camouflage projection" Stein said in disbelief.
"Indeed" Rip said. Before he led the team to the Waverider, he gave me a slight nod. I gave him one in turn and followed the team at the back.
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
"Are you sure about this?" I asked my uncle as he sat down in his library.
"Savage murdered my wife and son in cold blood. I have to do something" he said.
"In case you've completely forgotten, Vandal Savage killed my parents 5 years ago, do you see me going on a vengeance order?" I asked him.
"No, but you didn't have the means to go after him" Rip said.
"Is that why you dumped me here? So you didn't have to be reminded of your failures?"I asked in a cold tone.
"So you could start a new life, where did you get your powers anyway?" Rip insisted
"3 years ago, a partical accelerator exploded. I was in the building opposite when it blew up" I said. "I've actually recently been helping The Flash with fighting meta-humans" I said with a small smile on my face. Then the rest of the team came onto the bridge.
"How does a vessel this size function without a crew?" Stein asked
"I don't need one. I have Gideon" Rip explained.
"Welcome aboard. I am Gideon, an interactive artificial consciousness programmed to operate this vessel's critical systems and aid Captain Hunter in his mission." Gideon explained.
"Captain?" Snart asked.
"Gideon's been working on helping me locate Vandal Savage" My uncle said.
"I thought you said he's pretty active in the 22nd century?" Dr Palmer asked
"Perhaps engaging Savage at the height of his powers isn't the best strategy" Professor Stein noted
"Unfortunately Savage kept his movements hidden throughout history. Not even Gideon can determine where or when we can find him. But I have the next best thing: the man who can. Professor Aldus Boardman." Rip Hunter explained at great length.
"Professor Boardman is the world's leading... well, only... expert on Vandal Savage" I said.
"We're going to pay him a little visit" The Captain said.
"Course plotted for St Roch, New Orleans" Gideon announced.
"St Roch?" Carter muttered quietly.
"October 17th 1975" Gideon said.
"I suggest you all strap yourselves in. Temporal navigation isn't something one wants to be standing up for" Rip suggests.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A/N: Sorry about the wait, I guess I was waiting to see if this worked out well. I'm not sure if it is working as well as I wanted it to but I will give it a few more chapters and then see how it goes. This chapter is mostly them boarding the ship and meeting Gideon. I will try and update something else today, can't make any promises though.

Winter Is Coming

TheDarkAvenger