Chapter 8 -

[Eliza Johnson's POV]

"Firestorm, do you mind getting our winged Avenger back to her cage?!" I asked into my ear piece as I kicked a security officer in the stomach. I heard Jax sigh lowly on the other line before he flew out of the Pentagon with Kendra.

"Gideon, send the drop ship to pick us up" I said into my ear piece.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Valentina Vostok, Russian Physicist; why are we after her?" I asked whilst reading the stolen file from the pentagon.

"She graduated top of her physics programme and then dropped out, possibly after Savage defected to the Soviet Union" Rip said.

"Before his forces attacked Central City" I muttered. "My parents were killed mere seconds before The Flash came to help"

"We will stop Savage, I promise; but first I need to go to Moscow" Rip insisted

"What's in Moscow?" I asked.

"You'll see soon enough" Rip said before leading me to the drop ship. "If you want to come, that is. If not then you can watch Sara and Kendra"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Apparently, the business that had just dragged my uncle, Mick and myself to the outskirts of Moscow, was a time anomaly. When I got back to 2016, I really needed to ask Cisco if he could make me a warmer battle suit for cold weather.

"The time anomaly should be coming towards you as we speak" Rip said through my ear piece. I sprung out of the bushes and used my powers to knock the guy flat on his back.

"Time Master Druce? Why are you in 1986 Soviet Union?" I asked. The time master stayed quiet. "Talk, I'm not in the best of moods; you see. If you're wasting our time, I will make sure you enter a world of pain" I said.

"Eliza, calm down" Rip said, "Answer the question"

"I was actually looking for you, Captain Hunter" Druce insisted "The time masters have decided that you shall be pardoned and your team returns to 2016 if you voluntarily surrender"

"Can we talk in private?" Rip asked. I put my hands up and started to walk away.

"You said I'd get to use my gun" Mick insisted holding up his gun.

"Mick" I warned. Mick rolled his eyes before following me away from the clearing.

"I wish Snart was here, instead of you" Mick suddenly blurted out.

"You've already made it quite clear that you prefer Snart's company over mine" I said "2nd degree burn up the underside of my arm after you decided to set fire to my room"

"You got on my nerves" Mick insisted

"You got on my nerves from day one. I didn't go around burning your stuff, did I?" I asked

"Really wish you did" Mick insisted quietly before Rip and Time Master Druce returned.

"I'm giving you an hour Captain, if you are not year, I'll know your decision" Druce said.

"You said I'd get to use my gun, I didn't get to use it" Mick said to Rip who ignored the pyromaniac and walked back to the ship. I ran to keep up with him, not really wanting to stay with Mick that much.

"You're not going to surrender are you?" I asked him.

"Of course I'm not; you, however are" Rip said.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I walked into the clearing an hour later, thunder sounding over my head. The rumbling sound made me smile a little. 

"My name is Eliza Johnson, also known as Earthquake!" I shouted, my voice echoing throughout the clearing. "I've come to surrender on behalf of Rip Hunter!"

"Eliza, there's movement in the bushes in front of you" Rip informed me. I crouched down, ensuring my hands were hovering just above the ground. Suddenly I sent out a powerful vibration which sent me into the air.

I landed in a crouched position in front of the person in front of me, firestorm flying behind me, Mick and my Uncle flanked behind me.

"Hello again, Chronos" I said coldly, the wound in my leg stinging slightly.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A/N: Sorry this took a while to do, no idea why. The Soundtrack, I'll leave you guys to decide what to listen to. On a brighter note, I'm trying to get a book published, which is why I re-published The Last of Us and renamed it "The Oncoming Horde". This is a novel that should have no copyright in it.

Winter is Here

TheDarkAvenger