Chapter 17 -

[Eliza Johnson's POV]

I sat on my bunk on the WaveRider, Callum sitting on the floor in front of my bed; fiddling with his communicator that he was given by the Time Masters. I was on my tablet, randomly putting simulations together.  After my Uncle kidnapped Per Degaton; the team tried to capture Vandal Savage but the way it turned out was Per Degaton was sent back to his father and they got to keep Savage. So we were currently hiding in the temporal zone from the Time Masters.

What dragged me from my thoughts...and my simulation building; was the sound of the door opening. I had to quickly drop my tablet to catch the one half of a metal bo staff that was thrown in my direction.

"Considering we've currently got nothing to do...training?" Sara asked.

"Not a fair fight, you've graduated from League of Assassin's Training, twice" I muttered resentfully.

"You have heightened senses and powers, it will be pretty even...let's go" Sara said walking out the door. Callum motioned me to follow her. I sighed and eventually followed her out the door.

"This isn't just training, it's about controlling your emotions better, shortly after you lost your father, again; you let your anger get the better of you. In a proper duel, your enemy would use that against you" Sara explained as we reached the cargo bay. 

"Is this a good idea? What if I quake the ship apart?" I asked. I've had these powers for over two years, almost three; and even now I was still scared to find out the limit of my powers. 

"I'll stop you before it comes to that" Sara said confidently before she swung at me with her metal shaft. I ducked and rolled out the way. Sara was quick to react, swiping down where I came to a stop and the tip of her metal shaft came into contact with my back.  It was painful from time to time because of the scar tissue I had on my back, so I easily shrugged off the pain from the blow that Sara just dealt out. 

I quickly caught the assassin off-guard and sent her across the floor with my foot.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A/N: sorry for the wait; had a lot of coursework to do. Stopped the fight short because I would like you to imagine who came out on top. Put it down in the comments if you wish. If you liked the chapter, leave a vote. If not just put a comment in the comments section of how I could improve next time.

Winter Is Here

TheDarkAvenger.