Chapter 19 - What's A Calvert?

[Eliza Johnson's POV]

"You're all just tearing up the 1870's, aren't you?" Rip asked sarcastically as we walked onto the bridge of the Wave Rider.

"Stillwater's gang is like a hornet's nest, and your friends keep poking at it." Hex insisted

"They saved the town from being raided, man" Jax insisted back. 

"Today. But what about tomorrow, or the day after that? For a bunch of time travelers, you don't seem to understand the future much" Hex said, "The day will come when y'all leave, and Salvation will end up like Calvert."

"What's a Calvert?" Mick asked.

"A closed matter" Rip suddenly said "A word, Mr. Hex. I believe you all have enough for one day". Both he and Jonah Hex walked off the bridge, leaving the rest of us to talk. I had no idea where Sara and Kendra were though.

"Now I definitely want to know what a Calvert is," Mick said.

"Then it's a good thing we have access to a supercomputer, Gideon?" Martin Stein asked.

"Calvert was a town in Oklahoma circa 1868" Gideon informed us.

"Was?" I asked as the same as Jax. Gideon pulled up some pretty disturbing images of Quentin Turnbull and his men sacking the town and destroying it. It was unbelievable that my Uncle wouldn't stop something like this from happening. Whilst Central City was all but destroyed, that was a casualty of the uprising against Savage. Calvert was destroyed because someone said it had to be.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

"Remember, we are here to arrest Stillwater, not kill him," Ray said as we rode through the dark forest on horseback.

"Is he always that much of a stick in the mud?" Hex asked

"Yes," Mick answered before speeding up. 

"Ignore them," I said dryly to Ray, referring to the two jerks in the back of the group. 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

A/N: Sorry, this has been sitting as a draft since February. I wrote it but then forgot that I wrote it. Also, the coursework for Uni has been coming in waves. I hope everyone is keeping safe, life in the UK for me has become tedious, to say the least. I still have to attend lessons at 9 am but virtually. I might have a fresh Avengers Fan Fiction coming your way at some point. When I say fresh, I mean that it's been in my head for months but haven't put it on Wattpad as of yet. I also have a Hobbit Fan Fiction idea but not sure which of the 2 will be better received.

Anyway remember to wash your hands

Winter Is Coming

TheDarkAvenger