Chapter 9 -

[Eliza Johnson's POV]

I was in the process of fighting the goons that Chronos had brought with him, when I noticed that Chronos pulled out what appeared to be a high-tech grenade from his belt. He aimed the grenade at Firestorm, and I had just enough time to jump in front of them before the grenade hit all three of us. Jax and I landed in the tall bushes and I did not see were Professor Stein had landed. I was unscathed from the blast, but had a massive pain in my leg; which was probably to do with the way I landed.

"Jefferson!" I heard Stein call out. I looked up to see a hand stretched out towards me.

"Are you alright, Jax?" I asked as I took his hand.

"Yeah, I guess so" Jax said before, with his help, we came out of the bushes. Both my Uncle and Stein looked relieved when we did.

"When were you going to tell us your abilities consisted of being a human shield?" Mick asked as Jax set me down on the ground.

"When it became relevant, which it just did" I said coldly "I first discovered it when I helped the Flash create a sonic boom". Mick still looked a little confused.

"You need electricity and enough ground force to create the said sonic boom, which would explain the lone clap of thunder everyone in Central City heard the night the local elementary school was broken into" Stein explained. My Uncle, however was more concerned with my leg. He quickly wrapped a piece of cloth around the large wound.

"We need to get her back to the Wave Rider" My Uncle said before picking me up in a bridal lift.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Word of warning, Miss Johnson; this is going to hurt a lot" Gideon warned as my Uncle helped me into one of the chairs in the med bay.

"Skip the details Gideon, just get it over with" I said boldly.

"Apply a sedative to numb the area first" My Uncle interjected.

"Very well Captain" Gideon said as my Uncle gently untied the cloth from around my leg. As we had a bit more light, I could now see exactly what was wrong with it.

"Oh, thanks for telling me about that" I muttered gesturing to the medium sized bit of shrapnel sticking out of the top part of my leg.

"What the hell?" Ray asked as he walked into the med bay.

"Dr Palmer, glad you could join us" My Uncle said "I need you to put pressure around the wound so I can easily take out the shrapnel"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

After waking up from the sedative Gideon, I slowly made my way to the bridge only to find that all of the team, besides Kendra and Jax, were missing.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked.

"Well you have been asleep for two days, you were bound to miss a few things" My Uncle said quickly.

"That doesn't answer my question" I said angrily.

"Stein got himself captured by Vostok and Savage. Mick and Ray were thrown into the Gulag. Snart and Sara have gone to 'take' care of things" Kendra explained.

"And why are you two here?" I asked the pair of them.

"Because I'm not about to give up the other half of Firestorm and the only person who could kill him" Rip called out from his library.

"Surely there is something we can do, we're supposed to be a team" I told him.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A/N: Sorry this took so long to update, I have had a lot of things to do over this summer. Anyway thinking about the next chapter as I write this. The video is the new trailer I made for this book. I hope you enjoy it.

Winter Is Here

TheDarkAvenger