Chapter 18 - Wild West and John Wayne

A/N: This isn't going to go exactly how it was in the show. The story will be pretty much the same, but the dialogue won't be the same at some points. Just so you don't get confused  the episode we are currently on is episode 11 called "The Magnificant Eight"

TheDarkAvenger

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

[Eliza Johnson's POV]

"Remember only use these in extreme emergencies," Rip said whilst handing a gun to both Sara and Kendra.

"Why do they get guns and I don't?" I questioned.

"I seem to remember you failing the aiming part of combat training" Callum muttered rather loudly. I heard Jax snigger, but quickly turned it into a cough when I sent him a death look.

"Because whilst most of this team were quick to forgive you for siding with the time masters, you still need to prove that you are part of this team," Rip said coldly "As do you, Mr Lynch," he said before opening the cargo door.

"So, would you be joining us?" Martin asked Rip.

"I need to stay on board and make sure Gideon is in full functionality for when we depart" Rip said quickly 

"From your duster and revolver, I'd imagined you as much an Old West aficionado as Dr Palmer?" Martin asked. Rip didn't say anything but responded by heading out of the cargo bay. I held back to walk side by side with Callum at the back of the group.

"I thought helping to deal with Savage and Per Degaton would have proven my worth to the team, I guess Rip still can't get over it" I mumbled sadly

"I don't know what's going on between you and your Uncle, but he'll come around eventually" Callum encouraged. 

"Would that be before or after we defeat Savage?" I asked rhetorically as I noticed the team splitting up, the majority of them heading into the local tavern. Ray was headed into the sheriff's office. 

"Go and enjoy yourself for once, I'll stay with Ray and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid," I said. Thankfully, Callum didn't oppose this idea and went towards the tavern. I walked into the Sheriff's office. 

"What's your name, Son?" The Sheriff asked Ray whilst packing up his stuff in a hurry. 

"Uhh...John Wayne" Ray said with an accent I wasn't aware he knew how to pull off.

"Well John Wayne, you're now the Sheriff of this town," The Sheriff said before giving Ray the sheriff's badge and running out the door with his luggage. 

"John Wayne?" I questioned "Could've come up with more original" 

"I was put on the spot" Ray pointed out before we both heard a cluster of hooves come down the street. Ray and I both walked out of the Sheriff's office to see 10 or so men on horseback terrorising the citizens.

"Hey, assholes! I wouldn't do that if I was you" I said, stepping into the middle of the street, only 20 or so meters from the riders. 

 "Who the hell are you!?" One of the riders yelled at me. 

"John Wayne!" Ray suddenly said, standing next to me. "I'm the new sheriff of this town" 

"Turnbull will hear about this, mark my words" The same rider warned before riding off with the others. 

"Oh crap" I muttered "Should've let me take them" 

"You and who's army?" Someone questioned. I looked around to see a man with a long trench coat and a burn covering half of his face approaching us. "You lot aren't from around here, are you?" he asked gesturing to the rest of the team piling out of the tavern. Mick looking wasted and Callum not far behind. 

"He's Jonah Hex" Callum muttered in my ear. Not sure if he was that drunk or he actually meant what he said.

"We're from out of town, like way out of town" Ray answered. 

"Why don't you folks tell me where you're really from?" Jonah Hex insisted grumpily. 

"I'm not sure that's any of your business, sir," Martin said quickly

"Let me rephrase that, tell me when y'all from" Jonah continued to pry. " You nine stick out like a dog in a manger"

"Like he said, we're not from around here," I said

"You think you're the first time travellers I've ever come across?" He asked

"Uh, yes" Ray suggested. 

"Where is he? I've got some words that need saying" Jonah Hex questioned

"Where is who?" Sara asked

"Rip Hunter" Jonah answered.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A/N: Little longer chapter than usual. Hope everyone enjoyed the chapter. I got University starting in a few weeks so not sure how many books I can get updated before then, but I' will try my best.

The picture at the top is an epic shot of the original legends in this episode. There were seven of them then I added on Eliza and Callum making it nine in total, so I apologize if you got confused. 

Winter Is Here

TheDarkAvenger