Blood High

Able stood staring in the worn mirror, patches of its reflective backing missing, grasping the edge of the sink tight he lowered his gaze, anger and self-loathing rolling through him. Looking up again he stared at his sunken features; when was the last time he fed? He watched his gaze darken at the thought of feeding.

      "Why can't I control this!" he growled through clenched teeth the anger rolling over him again causing his body to tremble, without thinking to his hand shot up and smashed the mirror the shattering echoing in the tiny rundown apartment he currently inhabited.

      Staring in the fractured glass he traveled back down the path in his mind that had led him to his starvation vow.

      "Eli..." he mumbled, she was gone now, and even immortality could not save her. He closed his eyes quickly against the image of her pale figure lying broken and shattered; even Lilith could not save her once the demon had gotten done with her.

      It'd been 50 years since the war that had given the upper hand back to the humans, they'd all but eradicated the demons and closed the gates, their losses had been heavy and Lilith had managed to reestablish order amongst what remained of their kind and back in the shadows they'd disappeared, though, people knew they still existed. Give it another 100 years and all the witnesses of the Great War would be gone...just as she was gone; picking up a dusty glass he chucked it across the room shattering it on the wall.

      "Just a moment." he muttered to himself then throwing on his jacket and slipping on his shoes he headed out.

      He walked the two blocks to the corner club Epiphany, the cold air rustled his hair; every town had a vampire club these days. He opened the club doors and stepped in, Mary Jane smoke hitting him in the face from the thick cloud of it that lingered in the air. Making a B-line for his corner booth he sat and watched the nearly naked bodies bump and grind. Pulling up his collar he watched as a skimpily clad waitress with a huge rack approach him.

      "What can I get ya'?" she asked her eyes skimming over him in blatant desire; even thin from not drinking he knew he was a site.

      "Jinxs." he simply stated, nodding she walked off.

      Moments later a short, thick, girl approached him with green hair shaved at the sides, and piercings all over her face as well as several tattoos. She wore a plaid skirt and knee high chunky boots over fishnet stockings and a skin tight sleeveless shirt; she was very obviously one of their kind.

      "What's your poison?" she immediately asked.

      "I'd like a hit of B-k." he answered.

      "Just one?" she questioned he simply nodded, leaning over she pulled a vial from her boot, "850." nodding at her he reached in his pocket and slid the payment across the table, "I've got a sale on B-wJ." she offered which he declined. Without a word she stood up and left.

      Flipping the lid off the vial he swigged the tiny shot down. He felt it zing through him, his body burning it up instantly his head growing hazy; here came the high. He usually didn't buy the stuff but he needed something. His body began to warm and he began to float, shaking his head he noted a girl eyeing him standing he approached her. She wasn't his usual type but she was beyond guilty of some heinous crimes. Grabbing her by the waist he started to grind with her, her hot little body heating his cold skin, the smell of whiskey, smoke and koosh permeated her skin along with some cheap perfume. Bending her back partially he ground his hips against hers his eyes landing on the artery in her throat he licked his lips; she was going to be his.

      Pulling her up to him, feeling the full force now of the laced blood he whispered in her ear, "Let's ditch this joint." flicking his tongue across her ear he ground his hips against hers again; there were some bits of him that were still very much human and her hormones, blood and sweat enticed those parts. She shook her head yes so he grabbed her hand and led her out of the club tugging her along the two blocks to the complex and up to his place on the 2nd floor.

      "This is your place huh?" she asked sounding slightly disappointed she'd hoped he had money so she could drug and rob him like she had done the last guy; he snorted to himself it was her that was about ready to be robbed.