November Rain

Able once again, as always these days, lay staring up at his ceiling, 6 empty vials beside him of B-k and B-Pc. How much had he spent on it all this time around, hell how much in total?

      A knock sounded at the door, sounding like a sonic boom to his ears, covering his head and ears he just laid there. The knock sounded again he just continued to ignore it until the hinges and lock made an unhealthy cracking sound as the door was yanked open.

      "This place is vile." Enrick's voice seethed as the sound of crunching and scooting glass sounded on the floor, "I'm here par order of Lilith." he grumbled out.

      "Go away." Able said then rolled and buried his face in the bed that was stained with blood sweat and blood tears.

       "You're clothes and yourself are filthy; when was the last time you even showered? You look like some common damned street urchin." Enrick snapped at him.

       "None of your business, I'll say once more, leave." he snarled to which Enrick just laughed.

      "Or what, you'll throw me out?" he said then approached the bed, "Get up Able, you're a pitiful sight." he snarled then grasped the back of his sweater.

      Without a word he flipped over and clocked Enrick in the jaw blood trickling down it, glaring at him Enrick snatched him by the hair and drug him off the bed and towards the bathroom. Once in there Enrick threw him in the shower and holding him up with one hand he reached up and turned on the shower.

      "I've had enough of this self-loathing of yours Able." he snarled, "Hurting yourself is one thing..." he began only for Able to lash out and connect with his ribs.

      "You just don't get it Enrick, I said leave!" he snarled then lunged out at Enrick even though he knew it was pointless.

      Snatching his hair again Enrick kneed him in the gut then upper cutting him the small bathroom spinning nauseatingly as he flew back crashing back into the shower beneath the water, the uppercut had sent him for such a loop he felt he was going to vomit.

      "Do you feel better?" Enrick asked looking him over.

      He didn't say a word he merely shoved Enrick out of the way and threw his head over the toilet a stream of blackish red spewing forth. He felt his hair grabbed back gently, Enrick's slightly labored breathing in his ear.

      "That smells terrible." Enrick seethed, "Able..." he began, turning he shoved him back and away from him.

      "Just leave me..." he said softly, the look on Enrick's face caused him to ache inside.

      "I can't do that..." Enrick said lowly with a sigh, grabbing him up by his arm Enrick stripped his filthy sweater off him and tossed it to the floor, then cautiously he stripped the rest of his clothes off and stood him up in the shower holding him with one hand and using the other to wash him; he had no willpower or umph to do it himself and surprisingly enough he wasn't as uncomfortable with the situation as he would have originally thought. Forcing him to sit on one of the seats in the shower Enrick poured soap in his hair and lathered it up; he'd never seen Enrick so caring. At this moment it was as if Enrick were not Enrick at all, he was being tender and beyond gentle something he'd never seen Enrick be with anyone. Leaving the shower run on him Enrick left the room and he heard his drawers. Returning to the room Enrick helped him dress; the tenant dressing the mad man.

      "We need to purge that filth from your system." He said leading him to his living room and sitting him in his chair once he sat it back up right.

      Leaving him sit there he stripped the filthy sheets from the bed and tossed them to the floor then getting in his drawers again he pulled out the only other sheet set he owned. Once the bed was made he approached him and held a hand out to him.

      "Come, rest, and while you rest I'll go out and get the necessary things to help you." he muttered.

      "Why won't you just leave me alone." he growled out and pushed away his hand, "The only way you can help me is to end this miserable path I have chosen." he snarled, Enrick's eyes narrowed, the dark anger rolling off of him.

      "Don't tempt me brat!" he spit out, standing he got in his face and yanked open the front of the night shirt.

      "Do it! I'm asking you to! Take all this vile darkness from me and let me die! Hell, burn me up as far as I fucking care! Just do it and get it over with!" he screamed in Enrick's face.

      "You want to feel death? Do you really want it over?!" Enrick seethed at him, "I thought in all your long years you had tasted enough death, felt enough death, caused enough death!" he continued then he was on him his fangs tearing into his throat, quickly his life slipped from him and right before death came Enrick dropped him turned on heel and walked out.

      His body ached worse than it had in a very long time, worse than it had even as he bled out as a mortal, his veins burned and screamed at him obliterating any other pain he felt. His lips felt dry and cracked, thirst ravishing him but his mind...his mind was clear, all the fake blood, drugs and alcohol was drawn from him, lying there paralyzed, feeling like a husk he wept as outside his window he heard rain begin to fall.

      "Hm...November Rain..." he muttered into the emptiness of his apartment.

  © Eva Henderson, 2016