1st Fall from Grace Part I

She sat and stared at him wide eyed seeming at a loss for words but curious at the same time, glancing at the clock on her wall he frowned, it was late, she needed rest he figured.

"It's late...you should rest." He muttered hating time, hating that it had to fly so quickly, knowing she needed to sleep and once again it'd be just him and his thoughts, "You should call off work for the next couple days at least." He said looking down at her ankle, "Can we talk more later today?" he questioned, "I would like it very much if we could." Looking her over he smiled lightly at her, the lovely flush on her skin again.

"Umm...if you'd like..." she answered her flush deepening, was it that embarrassing to be near him or was he mistaking the blush that gave her pale skin a lovely rosy tinge right now?

"Yes, very much." He felt his smile broaden, "Get some rest and I will see you again later today." She nodded at him lowering her gaze which he found he disliked; he wanted to see her eyes that reminded him of Eli but yet were very much her own, "Goodnight Aria."

"Um...should I say sleep well?" she muttered, the flush heating more.

"Yes that is quite acceptable." He agreed and nodded at her, "See you later."

Without another word he left out of her apartment standing in the hall to listen to her as she hobbled around to lock up and turn in. Once the springs of her mattress had settled beneath her weight he returned to his own apartment and lay on his bed facing the ceiling, she was pleasant beneath that hard exterior she tried to hold up, she distrusted people but he imagined that it was because she must have been betrayed many times by others; in fact he was the only company he'd ever heard or seen her get nor did she speak to anyone on the phone. He found himself wondering what she did in her waking hours when she was all alone.

He woke several hours later to a light, unfamiliar knock on his door, looking out the peep hole he saw nothing so he opened the door and there she stood looking refreshed. She smelt strongly of vanilla now and her hair was wet; she must bath in vanilla soaps he thought.

"Good evening Aria." He said half awake, his senses trying to catch up to him.

"A boy dropped this off at my apartment." She mumbled and held out a rectangular box, the scent of his own kind coming from it.

"Thank you." He said stiffly, he knew what it was, but why hadn't Jinxs delivered it, "Would you like to come in?" he questioned loudly then rushed to clean up any clothes or glass on the floor and furniture.

"Um...sure..." she muttered, smell of her blood heating wafting through the air as she came in and stood in the doorway.

"Sorry it's a mess...I uh...I don't entertain often." He stuttered out to his surprise, loathing himself, how had he become so lazy.

Hobbling over she perched in his chair as he sat down on the edge of his bed, luckily it was still made neatly at least.

Crossing his arms he stretched out his long legs crossing them at the ankles, "I'm sorry they came to the wrong apartment." He said, she was staring at his legs outstretched, "6 feet 5 inches." He stated.

"Excuse me?" she questioned confusedly.

"I'm 6 feet 5 inches, and I weigh 185 pounds give or take." He stated and smiled at her as the flush crossed her skin; he always seemed to make her blush and it was cute.

"Oh, umm 5' 5 ½"." She muttered then flushed deeper, he didn't expect her to give him her weight not that it would matter to him he thought she was quiet lovely.